Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hotel charges - increases

Options
  • 11-06-2015 8:35pm

I booked a hotel on the 20th last year In Dublin so that I can take my partner to the Script concert.

At the time I was reserved the booking with my CC for the price of €300 which was steep enough as the normal price would be around €200.

Ive just checked online and the same hotel is now charging €450 for the same type room for the same night.

Im just wondering if the booking confirmation I received at the time which includes the price of €300 is still the price i will pay or can they demand I pay the new increased charge?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If you booked at price X, you should get price X.

The increased price is for those booking now, when demand is greater :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

You will pay the 300 euro. The increased price now is because they have less rooms not to meet the higher demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

You pay the charge for which the confirmation you received was for. Typical for hotel prices to rise close to large events, and as the hotel starts t ofill up

Advertisement