Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a tablet

Options
  • 11-06-2015 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi all,

Can someone recommend a 7" tablet, I've been looking at a few but there are so many out there my head is about to explode (only other tabs I've had were iPads). I've looked at the Nexus 7 and the Asus Memo Pad, but I'd like some advice from those more familiar with android.

I'll need

- 7" or 8" screen
    - expandable memory
    - least amount of bloatware possible or able to run Cyanogen Mod easily
    - decent screen

I'm probably looking at the budget end of the scale as it won't be needed for games or multitasking, primarily used for Kindle app, internet, streaming Kodi/TVaddons/Netflix. No need for decent external speakers either.

Cheers,
    kcc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

The Teclast X89 might fit the bill....

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KoemansCC

That's an amazing looking tablet, the dual OS would be handy but not really needed, the battery doesn't look that great either (4hrs Wifi). Probably at the upper end of my budget at €160ish.

I'll wait to see what other suggestions I get first.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

The 2013 nexus was reduced again in argos today. €159.99 I think, you won't get better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KoemansCC

Where are you seeing €159, showing on the website as €179?! Money back voucher, or cheaper in store?!

I may bite at that price, even without expandable storage!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Teclast, Onda and Cube are Chinese brands worth looking at.

You'll get a dual boot for between E200-250 for same resolution and size screen as iPad, 2gb RAM and either 32 or 64gb. You might pick up an older android only model for around E150-200.

Their offerings are decent, especially at the price. Just don't have high expectations on support and them releasing patches/updates.

Techtablets.com have some useful reviews and comparisons on their site.

• Advertisement
Advertisement