Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smokin' Bones - Dame st, Dublin. 50% off vouchers

Options
  • 11-06-2015 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭

.dealrush.ie/deal/10263

put a www before that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

it's pretty poor fare though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I've been in there a couple of times and quite enjoyed it. Equally as enjoyable as the nearby Pitt Bros (similar Texan BBQ food) if you like that sort of food.

machalla wrote: »
    I've been in there a couple of times and quite enjoyed it. Equally as enjoyable as the nearby Pitt Bros (similar Texan BBQ food) if you like that sort of food.

I thought Pitts was much better (plus free ice cream) although the meat wagon in smithfield was far better than both. The top spot has to be the Bison bar though.

The part that got me in smokin' bones was seeing them opening the plastic bags of meat in front of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Ate there once, it wasn't good (poor service, dry brisket).

At 50% off it may be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

+1 for Bison. It's savage, even at full price. Burnt end beans are nom nom nom.

• Advertisement

stimpson wrote: »
    +1 for Bison. It's savage, even at full price. Burnt end beans are nom nom nom.

Bison is great, but my favourite is My Meat Wagon.

I'm ashamed to say that I still haven't made it to Pitt Bros.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Bison is rubbish!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

This place was a massive letdown I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Bison is rubbish!

Bison is fantastic. Eaten there 3 times. Yet to try their ribs mainly due to how good their brisket is.

The difference between there and Pitt Bros was like night and day in my experience. The burned end bits side in Pitt Bros was shockingly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Whenever i see 50% off (or whatever % off) vouchers for a restaurant on any deal site - 95% of the time its because the place cant get customers in the door due to it not being a great place to eat.

• Advertisement

Access wrote: »
    Whenever i see 50% off (or whatever % off) vouchers for a restaurant on any deal site - 95% of the time its because the place cant get customers in the door due to it not being a great place to eat.

True, or it's a new business trying to get it's name out there. My favourite local restaurant was found through a grabone deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Trond wrote: »
    Bison is fantastic. Eaten there 3 times. Yet to try their ribs mainly due to how good their brisket is.

The difference between there and Pitt Bros was like night and day in my experience. The burned end bits side in Pitt Bros was shockingly bad.

I actively promote Bison over Pitt Bros because the latter just took a photocopier to Bison's menu and stuck it on George's St. There are plenty of ways of implementing BBQ internationally without ripping off another local business.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

went here anyway on Tuesday. Was alright for €7.50 each but I wouldn't have been happy to pay full price (€14.95) for what I got (Ribs). Don't give you much in the sides either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

We went in there last weekend and the girlfriend paid as a threat. We both felt robbed by the scabby portions. The food was dry and didn't look like much thought was put into serving it.

Also the bottled water had bits of something like milk floating in it. To top it off the restaurant was filthy as were the toilets.

Oh and when we got home she noticed on the bill she was charged twice for the sides we were meant to get with the mains for free.

KTR1C wrote: »
    We went in there last weekend and the girlfriend paid as a threat. We both felt robbed by the scabby portions. The food was dry and didn't look like much thought was put into serving it.

Also the bottled water had bits of something like milk floating in it. To top it off the restaurant was filthy as were the toilets.

Oh and when we got home she noticed on the bill she was charged twice for the sides we were meant to get with the mains for free.
    Do what ever she wants, just don't let her take you back there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

Do what ever she wants, just don't let her take you back there.

Hahahahah. Sorry meant treat. Although my previous spelling works as well. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bobbyj946

I agree with others, Bison bar and My Meat Wagon are far better that Pitt Bros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Patww79 wrote: »

Maybe trying giving them a ring? (01) 559 1722

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Advertisement
Advertisement