Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8 inch tablet with retina screen for under €150?????

Options
  • 11-06-2015 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if it'd be possible to find an Android tablet of the 7.85/8 inch variety with a retina screen on it (I do a lot of reading on it). I had a lovely Cube Talk79 U55GT but a firmware upgrade broke it on me and two places have failed to fix it (the firmware available from Cube is faulty they say). I miss the tablet for reading and, although I could buy another Cube, I'm wary of support for it (there were no third-party ROMs or recoveries for it which might have helped me...).

Any suggestions (Chinese or otherwise) would be very much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Fabio wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering if it'd be possible to find an Android tablet of the 7.85/8 inch variety with a retina screen on it (I do a lot of reading on it). I had a lovely Cube Talk79 U55GT but a firmware upgrade broke it on me and two places have failed to fix it (the firmware available from Cube is faulty they say). I miss the tablet for reading and, although I could buy another Cube, I'm wary of support for it (there were no third-party ROMs or recoveries for it which might have helped me...).

Tesco hudl?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Thanks lads. Good suggestions but I'd one concern. The Lenovo looks like a very big phone. My last tab had a 4:3 aspect screen which was perfect for both books and magazines.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Fabio wrote: »
    Hi all,

Very interested in this thread & what will be suggested as am looking for something similar myself. Although a little over your budget, the 2 I was considering were the FNF iFive and the Xiaomi MiPad. I think a MiPad 2 is coming shortly.

Was also having a think about a dual boot (Windows & Android) 9.7" instead and was thinking about this Cube, but might reconsider based on your experiences with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

The Cube was seriously good until I did the OTA uodate which fecked it up. As long as you don't go fiddling with it then it's a great tab.

• Advertisement
Advertisement