Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extended probation feeling very anxious

Options
  • 10-06-2015 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi everybody, feeling so low, I made a few mistakes during my probation, timing was just two weeks before my review, so was really bad timing! So they extended my probation by 3 months..they were nice and supportive, the thing is now they are looking at every little detail of what I do, I am on the edge every day and they are calling minor mistakes major mistakes, I feel sick every day with nerves and it's effecting my confidence, there is only ever 3 people in at a time and the other two chat behind closed doors! Further pushing these feelings of anxiety, I'm a hard worker I am trying but Jesus they are killing me, I want the job and i don't, Id like the luxury of having a job whilst looking, I am half way through and I am going on holidays for two weeks, then it's one month before I know my faith, feel I fighting a battle to keep the job, its the paranoid feeling they don't want me, and I am screaming in my head " why do I give a ****" the thing is I want to save money to try again for IVF in the new year and would be nice not to have to look for work and start all over, have security etc,if anybody could try and make me see sense... Sorry for such a depressing mail 😔

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭Quandary

Just do the best you can and don't be afraid to clock in an extra hour here and there to show you are going the extra mile. Whatever about staying late, I find coming in early always sits well with the boss and gives you a chance to get a head start on the day.

Also, ask plenty of questions when you are unsure of something but make notes with the answers so you don't have to keep asking the same questions over and over.

Obviously I do not know the nature of the work you are doing but the above usually applies to most jobs.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 clip82

Thanks for the reply! Ticking all the boxes ref showing eagerness and interest and putting on a smile etc, just need to chill out, I guess and hope for the best..the biggest change for me is, I have no ally and nobody to bounce off, and have a rant etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

They extended your probation because they want to keep you despite any mistakes that you made, that says to me that they are invested in making this work, so be positive.

Waiting to see "the verdict" at the end of the tree months is unnecessary and is stressing you out. You say that you are half way through the extension period, schedule a meeting with your manager to get some immediate feedback, if all is good, great, if not then you have a further period to turn it around.

Just knowing if you are on the right path will relieve much of your stress.

Advertisement