Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaner damaged trousers and won't refund!

Options
  • 10-06-2015 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello all,

I need some help.

The cleaners I go to burnt a pair of expensive trousers (part of a 400€+ suit, purchased a month ago in Italy and worn once). The suit is sold as a whole so I cannot repurchase the trousers alone.

Thing is I want them reimbursed or want them to repurchase them for me but they spoke about insurance having to step in and so on...
    They asked for the details of the shop where I bought them, I gave them (hoping the owner there speaks english...)

Anyway, their manager won't return my calls and is never in, the employees decline any responsibility as they are in fact only employees so it's turning into a never ending story and nothing is written down, the only piece of paper I have is the ticket for recollection... It's been almost 3 weeks now.
    I don't know how to sort things out. ANY SUGGESTION/IDEA?

HELP!

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Chemical Byrne

Get this sorted sooner rather than later, the long you leave it the harder it will be for you.
    Document and record all contact, who you spoke with and what was said.

Phone the manager off a different number. if you can't contact him send a registered letter saying he has x days to respond and engage with you in a meaningfull way or you will take legal action.

you can take him to the small claims court.

it's perfectly reasonable for them to get their insurers involved.

whatever you do, just keep the pressure on them.

Maybe you could shame them into engagement by threatening to go on the local radio station's phone in show, and be prepared to follow through.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Sounds pants OP, sorry for your trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Does the OP have a leg to stand on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MIAIT

Does the OP have a leg to stand on?

What's an OP?
    I can't understand the last 2 replies...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

They are just joking.

An OP is an Original Poster, the person who opens the thread.

In any event, I would think that you should contact your local district court and speak to the small claims registrar about your issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MIAIT

I need to improve my English and my forum slang :)
    Anyways thanks all for your help, I'll follow your advice.

Bye

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

MIAIT wrote: »
    Hello all,

I need some help.

The cleaners I go to burnt a pair of expensive trousers (part of a 400€+ suit, purchased a month ago in Italy and worn once). The suit is sold as a whole so I cannot repurchase the trousers alone.

Thing is I want them reimbursed or want them to repurchase them for me but they spoke about insurance having to step in and so on...
    They asked for the details of the shop where I bought them, I gave them (hoping the owner there speaks english...)

Anyway, their manager won't return my calls and is never in, the employees decline any responsibility as they are in fact only employees so it's turning into a never ending story and nothing is written down, the only piece of paper I have is the ticket for recollection... It's been almost 3 weeks now.
    I don't know how to sort things out. ANY SUGGESTION/IDEA?

HELP!

Thanks

Small claims court I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

kravmaga wrote: »
    Small claims court I think

What are you trying to say about the OP??!?!?

Ah nm! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kevin3

• Advertisement
Advertisement