Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac Bootcamp Windows 8.1

Options
  • 10-06-2015 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi,

Have a few questions and problems if you could be of any help I would much appreciated.

Ok so I own a MacBook Pro and I need windows to run a program so I decided to use bootcamp to split the hard drive. I needed windows 8 so that is what I used. After what seamed like a successful install I quickly realized things weren't as I thought they should be (could be wrong on this so bare with me).

I am not able to use the track pad right click or scroll and also not able to get my wireless network or any on it, I assume there is other things I haven't come across yet. Didn't use windows too much because I use my laptop all the time for other things. Don't think/hope this is right, was wondering had this anything to do with drivers as I don't know what they do but have heard people talk about problems with them related to bootcamp.

For your information I would not consider myself a tech novice or expert just kind of winging it.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

I would say the drivers haven't istalled properly, in which case you should try te install the drivers from the boot drive that you made, or just do the whole process all together from the start.

I did this back in January and it seemed so stressful, but I eventually got it after a couple of goes. It just doesn't always work out properly so you can just re do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 muller25

cool I will try it again.

Are drivers what I think they are, just a method of telling the windows OS how to interpret the mac hardware so it works "seamlessly" with one another?

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

muller25 wrote: »
    cool I will try it again.

Are drivers what I think they are, just a method of telling the windows OS how to interpret the mac hardware so it works "seamlessly" with one another?

Yes a driver is just software that tells the computer how to use something.

Advertisement