Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car insurance with open claim

Options
  • 10-06-2015 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    Just looking for advice on car insurers.
    I was involved in an accident in December (I am liable). the claim was settled on the car but there is still a personal injury claim open. Noone at my insurers can tell me whats happening with the case.
    In the meantime we got a huge new insurance quote, so decided to shop around. Found a decent price and decided to go for it. however I didnt know that with an open claim noone else will insure you. So after paying for the new insurance, they said we couldnt be insured. so I went back to my original insurance quote to renew it, but at this point it had lapsed. so we had to start from scratch.
    so filled in the new proposal form and sent it off. They rang today saying they cant insure us as we lied on the form, when it said had we had a policy cancelled. we ticked the no box, not knowing that the inbetween insurance quote was a cancellation. A genuine mistake, really didnt know, but theyre having none of it.
    Really stuck now as weve a kiddie and another on the way. Just wondering if anyone knows what we can do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

saraho wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just looking for advice on car insurers.
    I was involved in an accident in December (I am liable). the claim was settled on the car but there is still a personal injury claim open. Noone at my insurers can tell me whats happening with the case.
    In the meantime we got a huge new insurance quote, so decided to shop around. Found a decent price and decided to go for it. however I didnt know that with an open claim noone else will insure you. So after paying for the new insurance, they said we couldnt be insured. so I went back to my original insurance quote to renew it, but at this point it had lapsed. so we had to start from scratch.
    so filled in the new proposal form and sent it off. They rang today saying they cant insure us as we lied on the form, when it said had we had a policy cancelled. we ticked the no box, not knowing that the inbetween insurance quote was a cancellation. A genuine mistake, really didnt know, but theyre having none of it.
    Really stuck now as weve a kiddie and another on the way. Just wondering if anyone knows what we can do.

You'll need to wait until the claim is closed on your old insurance and get a new quote.

Advertisement