Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

07 Prius

Options
  • 10-06-2015 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I have my eye on a 2007 Prius. Is there anything in particular I should look out for ?

It is a private sale .

There is a bit of body damage at the door that needs fixing.

Looks ok outside apart from that.

Thanks

Barr :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭Barr

Forgot to mention the owner says it is a UK import.

Would cartell or motorcheck.ie better for UK cars ?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,411 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

A lot of UK Prius do big mileage. I'd def get a history check on it.
    There isn't a lot that goes wrong on them though.

What is the auto box like for reliability - does it need any servicing?

Just an update on this. Went to see it yesterday. The bonnet was all bubbling what looked like rust :eek:

Think I'll be looking for a civic instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭eagerv

Barr wrote: »
    Just an update on this. Went to see it yesterday. The bonnet was all bubbling what looked like rust :eek:

Think I'll be looking for a civic instead.

Very unusual with a Prius. Must have suffered damage at some stage.
    We have an 09 in the family and nothing gone wrong at all, even on original brake pads.

Interiors are lightly made but if looked after wear well.

• Advertisement

eagerv wrote: »
    Very unusual with a Prius. Must have suffered damage at some stage.
    We have an 09 in the family and nothing gone wrong at all, even on original brake pads.

Interiors are lightly made but if looked after wear well.

It didn't look like it had a repair at any stage. There was a load of bubbling at the bottom by the grill and along the top.

I was surprised to say the least myself. Didn’t think the Prius had rust issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭eagerv

It didn't look like it had a repair at any stage. There was a load of bubbling at the bottom by the grill and along the top.

I was surprised to say the least myself. Didn’t think the Prius had rust issues.

Didn't think so either.

I am just taking a rest before putting a second coat of Collinite 845 wax on the bosses Prius! I can't believe how good the paint is. Not a sign of rust or any deterioration. It's as new.
    Ours is an Irish car btw.

Bubbling and rust screams spurious panels used because the Prius bonnett is aluminium !

Not a lot goes wrong with the prius it's one of the most reliable cars in the world.

The Auto box is very simple especially the MK III.

The auto box oil should be changed after 100,000 miles, it's not included in the Toyota servicing but it's highly recommended on the priuschat.com forum.

The civic hybrid is not nearly as good as the prius.

A few recalls were done with the prius such as both water pumps, steering , accelerator.

A full motor check is advisable a lot of dodgy dealers out there !!!

Thanks Mad Lad , good info there.

Why is the Civic poorer ? What do you reckon of the Insight. They seem to be cheaper than the Prius second hand.

Prius is the best hybrid out there, the technology is better. Their engines are more efficient and the hybrid stronger and they do better mpg.

• Advertisement

Prius is the best hybrid out there, the technology is better. Their engines are more efficient and the hybrid stronger and they do better mpg.

Sounds like they are worth the premium in price. It is the first one I looked at so I had nothing to compare it with.

I didn't regret buying the Prius but we got it for a steal and lost 3 K depreciation in 4 years and put about 110,000 Kms on it. But as I said we got a cracking deal on it.

I averaged about 4.6 L/100 kms 4.4 in Summer.

I didn't regret buying the Prius but we got it for a steal and lost 3 K depreciation in 4 years and put about 110,000 Kms on it. But as I said we got a cracking deal on it.

I averaged about 4.6 L/100 kms 4.4 in Summer.

That's what you call cheap motoring :eek::pac:

Was it an import ? Is that how you got it on the cheap.

That's what you call cheap motoring :eek::pac:

Was it an import ? Is that how you got it on the cheap.

No import, the seller was moving back to Poland and the Prius was the only thing he had left to sell. He couldn't insure it there seemingly because of the steering being on the right.

worked out great, was a great car, sad to see it go and hope it has a good home.

So you sold the car on. What did you change to if you don't mind me asking.

Was it the new type Prius ?

So you sold the car on. What did you change to if you don't mind me asking.

Was it the new type Prius ?

No, I got a Nissan Leaf electric car instead. Check out the electric section of motors and you's see loads of my posts there. Got 5K trade in on the Prius. Fantastic car would never go back to petrol/diesel/hybrid again as my main car.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057368322

Interesting car choice ... your after taking it to the next level :pac:

Indeed, was the only logical step after the Prius ! :)

12,000 Kms since January 20th ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Cheaper to run several times over. Much better performance and handling as well.

Leaf handles well alright especially on the 17" wheels, steering could be weightier but other than that.

At first I thought it suffered from a bit much under-steer until my partner was in the car with me once and said, "eah, you're going too fast because I'm getting thrown around." :D

You really don't realise how fast you're going in the Leaf !

A lot more poke, for roughly the same HP but the leaf is limited to 164 Kph clock speed where the prius is limted to 184 Kph by the clock.

Be interesting to do a 0-100 Kph comparison.

• Advertisement
Advertisement