Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops that buy PS2 and accessories

Options
  • 10-06-2015 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all,

I have an old PS2 slimline that I'm looking to get rid of. I rang my local games shop (in Maynooth) and they said they will only take it in exchange for store credit. Does anyone know of anywhere that will offer cash?

I also have 10-12 games, as well as the full Guitar Hero World Tour set (drums, guitar, microphone).

Thanks a mil!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Just give it away to an Orphanage (or whatever the Irish equivalent is) or something. I doubt even with the games it's worth much nowadays. You might get, I dunno €35 for it on Adverts. Had the same realisation myself looking at my Ps1 and N64 etc, not worth the cost of petrol to meet someone to sell em

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

CEX will but you wont get much in return for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Keep it and pick up the wealth of shoot em ups for it.

I still use mine every now and then for this reason and a few other select arcade games.

No point whatsoever selling it as they go for peanuts these days.

I'd probably give it to a charity shop tbh if I was getting rid.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

Charity shop is a good option. I like to visit them and pick stuff up occasionally- got Vice City Stories last week, a PS2 exclusive. I still have a PS2 hooked up but it's hard to justify using it much- a lot of its popular game series were ported to HD collections and/or PC, it can play PS1 games, but the PS3 can do that as well with less hassle, the light-gun games don't work on modern TVs, and emulation of the system is getting better and better.

Some consoles like the Gamecube, N64, Dreamcast hold value very well. The PS2 though, everyone and their mother had one(I have three in my flat somehow) so I don't ever see it being worth much. The only time I would pay a premium for one was if it was modded- I would still love a console I could play English FFXII IZJS on, and some other fan translated PS1 Japanese games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Adverts for sure. I'm on the lookout for one in it's original box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

MrMorooka wrote: »
    Charity shop is a good option. I like to visit them and pick stuff up occasionally- got Vice City Stories last week, a PS2 exclusive. I still have a PS2 hooked up but it's hard to justify using it much- a lot of its popular game series were ported to HD collections and/or PC, it can play PS1 games, but the PS3 can do that as well with less hassle, the light-gun games don't work on modern TVs, and emulation of the system is getting better and better.

Some consoles like the Gamecube, N64, Dreamcast hold value very well. The PS2 though, everyone and their mother had one(I have three in my flat somehow) so I don't ever see it being worth much. The only time I would pay a premium for one was if it was modded- I would still love a console I could play English FFXII IZJS on, and some other fan translated PS1 Japanese games.
    There are better ways to play FFXII "International" Zodiac Job System .

In HD with 3x internal resolution.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    There are better ways to play FFXII "International" Zodiac Job System .

In HD with 3x internal resolution.
    ;)

I know, that's how I've done it in the past, it emulates pretty much perfectly. I would still rather play games on original hardware where possible though, but that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 caislean6

Thanks everyone for the advice! I'm gonna check out the CEX website to see if its worth my while, if not, it'll just be given away!
    MrMorooka wrote: »
    The only time I would pay a premium for one was if it was modded- I would still love a console I could play English FFXII IZJS on, and some other fan translated PS1 Japanese games.

I actually received a modchip when I got the PS2 (it was a present from my sister), but I was never much use with a soldering iron so it never got installed...

Advertisement