Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keyboard Characters assigned wrong

Options
  • 10-06-2015 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

So my friends laptop is a Toshiba Satellite p55t-a5202. Yesterday she reported to me that the keyboard was typing incorrect characters. The "D" key types "D]" and the "]" types "D]" there are other examples around the keyboard. One very strange example is the Backspace button toggles the touchpad between being disable and enabled.

This is honestly the strangest problem i have come across. I have tried various different solutions such as changing language for the input. If i bring up the onscreen keyboard and use that the characters appear as normal without any defects.

If someone could tell me how to rectify this i would be very greatful

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

At a guess it's spillage on the keyboard.

Try an external keyboard to confirm it's not software.

Advertisement