Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please recommend a dish installer for foreign tv!

Options
  • 09-06-2015 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

Hello,
    I am going to receive an Italian decoder with built-in card reader, but I would need to find a dish installer who is familiar with this.

I was advised dish size should be around 80cm and pointed towards Hotbird, not sure whether other requirements are in place in order to view Italian television.

Also, can I mount the satellite in the garden or does it need to be on the roof?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,382 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Where in the country are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭robnet77

Tallaght. Dublin 24. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

A dish does not need to be up high as long as it has a clear view of the place in the sky where the satellite is. Hotbird is about 13degrees East of south. Use this site to enter your address and choose 13E Hotbird to show you where it needs to point.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭robnet77

A dish does not need to be up high as long as it has a clear view of the place in the sky where the satellite is. Hotbird is about 13degrees East of south. Use this site to enter your address and choose 13E Hotbird to show you where it needs to point.

thanks but I will need an installer please.
    Anyone knows a reliable one? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭lgs 4

robnet77 wrote: »
    Tallaght. Dublin 24. Thanks.

19e and 13e hotbird are no problem i am in tallaght (old bawn ) i use monoblock and 80 cm dish, mounted half way up the house back wall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

robnet77 wrote: »
    thanks but I will need an installer please.
    Anyone knows a reliable one? thanks

Try Tony @ www.satellite.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Try Tony @ www.satellite.ie

I'd second that. Very professional job for Free sat/Saorview. Was very impressed.

Advertisement