Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharm el Sheikh

Options
  • 09-06-2015 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

We are thinking of going in September. Working out about 825pp for 14 nights all inclusive quoted from go hop.

Anyone been? Recommendations?

Thinking of doing our day trips with this crowd. The Pyramids anyway and possibly Petra. http://www.sharmexcursions.com/

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Have you considered the possibility of suicide attacks as the ISIS presence appears to be slowly escalating?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I was there a couple of years ago. You're a long way from pyramids,so factor that into any trips you plan. I found sharm full of Russian gangster types (complete with ultra hot girlfriends) , if I went back I'd head to dahab (I assume you'll be scuba diving). Better diving, cheaper and a better vibe all round to be honest.

And take into account that Egypt is mostly a Muslim country so expect to pay a lot of money for booze.
    I wouldn't be worried about Isis at least not in that part of Egypt. Its built from the ground up as a tourist resort and the has the security to match.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

With respect, Luxor is not sharm in much the same way as Belfast is not cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

Thanks for feedback.

Going to go ahead with it anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement