Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car safety restraints

Options
  • 09-06-2015 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I was wondering what people do to restrain their dogs when travelling? I have dogs and have been looking at different ones, some safety testing was done which showed that 'clickit' was the only one that worked at all.. does anyone have any advice please? Is this restraint as good as it suggests, it looks fairly complicated to me!! Id be very grateful if anyone had any thoughts they might share with me... thanks for taking the time to read :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Emma1980

i have a dog seat belt (i own a shih tzu so not a lot of restraining is required!) and it works perfect. she has her harness on in the car, it clips to the harness clip then into the seat belt - cost me a couple of euro on ebay for it....

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Multicolor-Restraint-Lead-Adjustable-Travel-Clip-Dog-Pet-Car-Safety-Seat-Belt-/321534212195?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item4adceeb863

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Hooked

Dogs travel in the boot, here...

Harnesses + short bungees + (click into) existing luggage clips.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,027 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I've one in a Bergan harness clipped into the boot and the other in a crate - because she prefers it that way. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Clydie

Thanks for the replies.. :) Ive watched the safety testing online (done for Subaru) and its pretty scary,most of the harnesses dont work, think the Bergen one comes out fairly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Clydie

tk 123, do you find it easy enough to get the dog into and clipped into the car please? Thanks..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,027 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Clydie wrote: »
    tk 123, do you find it easy enough to get the dog into and clipped into the car please? Thanks..

Yes very easy because he lifts his paws up for me for the harness or say his drying fleece or anything that fits that way - unlike his sister lol :p I know the Bergan one seemed to rip or there was something that made it lose 'points' in a video I saw a while back but it was dogs clipped into the back seat - my dog is in the boot of my jeep so it's more to restrain him and keep him in the boot if there was an accident or the tailgate opened etc. I have it a few years now and it was one of the best in it's price range at the time. Possibly the video was skewed to make some really really expensive one out to be best. It is scary though seeing them get knocked around like that.

I used clix ones when they were younger but they don't give enough chest cover since they've grown.

Advertisement