Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting in to Big4 with a college level 7 degree?

Options
  • 09-06-2015 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I was wondering is there any chance of getting in to Big4 with a level 7 college degree with 1.1 in Accountancy or are they more interested with graduates from universities and at least level 8 degree? Is there many out there who got in with L7 college degree?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭adrianw

They take all levels from school leavers up to post grads.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

adrianw wrote: »
    They take all levels from school leavers up to post grads.

School leavers as in post leaving cert? Pretty sure they do not take them at that level!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭adrianw

All big four accept a select number of students coming straight from school. I believe the training contracts are a year or two longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

That's absolute crap. On any milkround application in 2014 it specifically stated: honours degree!

The amount of people giving factually incorrect information on boards is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

adrianw wrote: »
    All big four accept a select number of students coming straight from school. I believe the training contracts are a year or two longer.

I do think this is the case in the UK but definitely not in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

I think you need to have a read over this thread again and take particular notice of what I did and did not say. All the best

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

Guys

Calm down!

Lets keep this on the subject which is -- "Getting in to BIG4 with college level 7 degree"

Thanks

dbran

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I think it would be difficult. When I joined Big 4 in 2010 they were looking for at least a 2:1 in a Level 8 degree along with 420 points from leaving cert. There are other firms than Big 4 though that have different entry levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dispire

Just wanted to update if anyone has a similar question. I got a big 4 auditing position without honours degree, (just ordinary bachelor degree) but I did have 1.1 level results.

Fair play duit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement