Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

upvc multipoint door lock

• 08-06-2015 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

Hi

my front door is locked . I have snapped the locking barrel and removed it from the front and back of door .

when i move handle to open door the upper and lower pins open but the middle lock on the door remains closed .

When i move the handle up . Into the locked position . All three or five pins are locked .

I have access to the inside of the gearbox now that the barrel is removed

The questiin is how do i open the door without forcing it open ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

It's tricky. The euro cylinder which you snapped has a small black actuator which rotates as you turn the key to open/close which in turn moves the locking mechanism on the integrated door lock.

You need to form something from a piece of metal with a small 90' bend on the end of it, insert it into the lock cavity and turn in the direction that you would normally turn the key to open. Persevere and you'll get it.

Once open, just replace the cylinder !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭degsie

Sounds like breaking and entry 101.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

dodzy wrote: »
    It's tricky. The euro cylinder which you snapped has a small black actuator which rotates as you turn the key to open/close which in turn moves the locking mechanism on the integrated door lock.

You need to form something from a piece of metal with a small 90' bend on the end of it, insert it into the lock cavity and turn in the direction that you would normally turn the key to open. Persevere and you'll get it.

Once open, just replace the cylinder !

Thanks man .

I will turn down a 16mm bar with a 6mm by 6mm key on it and weld a lever on it . I will get this bad boy open

Advertisement