Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Armogan Spirit of St. Louis

Options
  • 08-06-2015 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

Hi there Folks,

I'm thinking about picking up one of these as my first watch in ages. Used to wear a Raymond Weil all the time but got sick of the heavy metal bracelet.

http://www.armogan.com/product/spirit-st-louis-white-chocolate/

Thoughts? Anything else in the same style in that price bracket I should be looking at?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I wouldn't really be up to speed with this area of new watches, but that seems pretty reasonable at that price?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

Wibbs wrote: »
    I wouldn't really be up to speed with this area of new watches, but that seems pretty reasonable at that price?

I think so, I love the chronograph look but the size might be a bit big.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I dunno, with chronographs you can kinda go for larger. I've small wrists for a man at under 6 and half once around in old money and I can get away with a 42. YOu'd really need to try it on mind you as the numbers don't always tell how a watch will wear

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Junkers have one that's sort of similar, a bit more expensive, but 40mm. No idea about quality with them though.

That watch you posted looks pretty nice, and looks decent value for the money with what is probably a solid movement. It's hard to tell, but it looks like it wears slightly large.

I'm guessing that this is probably a bit too busy?

Incidentally - maybe see if you could get a leather strap put on your Raymond Weil?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

Really like it. Very elegant and a bit unusual.

• Advertisement

Thanks Folks, I think I'll pick it up at the end of the month, just need to decide between the brown and olive straps.

Eoin, I'm not crazy about the Junkers and the Seiko is way too busy for my tastes. The Saint Louis kind of reminds me of some of the IWC Portofinos. And I can afford it without selling a kidney :)

Wibbs wrote: »
    I dunno, with chronographs you can kinda go for larger. I've small wrists for a man at under 6 and half once around in old money and I can get away with a 42. YOu'd really need to try it on mind you as the numbers don't always tell how a watch will wear

Just checked and I'm just under 8" so I should be ok, it's a 44mm dial I think.

Advertisement