Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Networks and new meter

Options
  • 08-06-2015 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

I have to get a meter disconnected and another moved - does anyone know:

1. From the time I contact them how long will it take ESB Networks to come out to do this?

2. Is the length of time affected by if the account is domestic or business?

3. Will the meter have to go outside or can it be moved to a different place within in the house?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Weyhey wrote: »
    I have to get a meter disconnected and another moved - does anyone know:

1. From the time I contact them how long will it take ESB Networks to come out to do this?

2. Is the length of time affected by if the account is domestic or business?

3. Will the meter have to go outside or can it be moved to a different place within in the house?

Not sure about the timeframes but the Esb will need to come out and visually inspect it in order to provide a quote so best option will be to get in contact with them.
    The meter will have to go outside and there are restrictions on where it can be placed but they will let you know about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Thanks aido79. God it has all been a nightmare between ESB Networks and Electric Ireland....
    The new home had domestic and business a/c and meters and I had to take over both which was a huge mess and took months. Now it takes ESB Networks at least a week to change an account from business to domestic and they won't even let me apply for a meter change or disconnection (of one of the business meters) until that happens.

It's like pulling teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Probably because certain members of ESB Network staff have such a cosy job that they collect van and jobs for the day, head for nearest Spar/Centra for coffee and cake, proceed to favourite hiding place and park up, drink coffee and read paper for up to 90 minutes. This from the some of the highest paid workers in the country, its a fuc*ing disgrace. If you live close you can check this out most mornings anytime around 9.00am at the cul de sac end of Leopardstown Park.

Advertisement