Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else remember this?

Options
  • 08-06-2015 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭

When I was young, every house had these nursery rhymes on VHS tape. I used to be absolutely terrified of them. Got curious and did a bit of digging on YouTube and found the videos! Anyone else remember having this on tape as a kid?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Listen here Mr. Whippersnapper, when I was young, every house had nursery rhymes recorded in books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jungleman

Listen here Mr. Whippersnapper, when I was young, every house had nursery rhymes recorded in books.

Ah, books. The 3-D Kindles of yesteryear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

jungleman wrote: »
    Anyone else remember having this on tape as a kid?

No. Don't remember watching TV as a kid.

We played outside, or maybe board games sometimes. TV was for adults. Doesn't look like I missed out on much! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

We had rocks and sticks for entertainment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

We had rocks and sticks for entertainment.
    Weren't you lucky. We had to make sticks out of rocks.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Weren't you lucky. We had to make sticks out of rocks.

Pah. We used to dream about rocks growing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Growing up was hard when i was young...

We had a low ceiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Hard times where I grew up, the ice cream van was always empty, that's why it played music when it came around right?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I grew up in a shanty town with a plastic bag for a dress and coke bottles for sandles. As a treat we'd eat the swamp rats toasted over a fire. Ah...nostalgia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Long after my time. We just used books. I was in my late 30s before I saw my first video.

• Advertisement
Advertisement