Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopover in dubai - luggage, security questions

Options
  • 07-06-2015 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

hello all

im hoping you can help me with some tips.
    i am stopping over in dubai for 3 hrs on a trip to india. both flights is with emirates.

i assume since i booked it as connecting etc, i do not have to remove baggage and re load in dubai?

also im flying into terminal 3 and flying out of same terminal, do i have to exit out of security and come back in or is there a section for people to skip sortof for connecting flights?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

liam12989 wrote: »
    hello all

im hoping you can help me with some tips.
    i am stopping over in dubai for 3 hrs on a trip to india. both flights is with emirates.

i assume since i booked it as connecting etc, i do not have to remove baggage and re load in dubai?

also im flying into terminal 3 and flying out of same terminal, do i have to exit out of security and come back in or is there a section for people to skip sortof for connecting flights?

thanks

Your luggage will be checked through so no issue there.

You'll go through security but it's pretty quick in Dubai. Terminal 3 is huge but you have loads of time. You may have to get a train between gates after you clear security but it's quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭liam12989

ok thanks. i believe they will take euros aswell if i want a coffee burger etc.

sounds great.

any other tips or anything to be watchful for?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

sounds great.

They take euros but they'll give you change in dirhams. There are plenty of bars and restaurants

Just get to the gates you're leaving from immediately and then you can relax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

sounds great.

use a credit/debit card instead. no need to bring dirhams on holidays with you

its a huge, safe terminal, with loads of shops.
    don't get caught with the earlier gate boarding time if you're flying on the airbus A380 (which you probably will be)

Advertisement