Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do you think will die next in the book (Winds of Winter) READERS ONLY!!!!!!

Options
  • 07-06-2015 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭

I suppose with Connington not in the series it's a possibility that his story will be a dead-end (Like that other prince I can't remember the name of). Although I hope not as he was the only new storyline I found good in the last 2 books (How do you make Vikings boring? Spend their time having an election and going on about a dull religion)

Anyway, what major character (if any) do you think is going to die in the next book?

Personally I think at least one of the dragons is going to go. Possibly two.

And Jaime in the last chapter

[Edit] Changed title to limit to next book only. Let's face it, they're all probably brown bread by the end

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Cersei
    Confirmation of Jon's death
    Stannis
    Jorah
    Roose Bolton

And its been a while since GRRM killed any Starks so maybe one of those

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Barristan.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I think Cersei will be around at least long enough to see her lose everything inc. her children before she suicides so it's to early for her.

I'd agree on Stannis & Roose Bolton and I'd add Hodor & the gang (basically they all die in the caves defending it from the others managing to invade somehow while Bran needs time to merge properly with the tree).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Barristan.

I have a sneaky feeling Jojen Reed is fúcked too..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭DvB

My feeling is that if a character has been killed in the show in season 5 they're pretty much brown bread as far as GRRM is concerned going forward. I know there's been chopping & changing with respect to who lives/dies between the books & the show but this (s5) is the first clear break from the books & i suspect the characters leaving us in the show will follow suit in the books, as despite them potentially being separate entities going forward GRRM still has input & I suspect he'd not let an important book character be killed off in the show & vice versa.

Though my gut tells me Stannis & Roose Bolton being the next likely main characters to leave the land of the living (assuming Jon Snow is already 'dead' of sorts)

Then again, with GRRM, who the feck knows? Time will tell I suppose.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

GerB40 wrote: »
    I have a sneaky feeling Jojen Reed is fúcked too..

Please God!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Grey Wind

Jojen and Barristan. Probably some of the more minor POVs like Aeron, Jon Connington etc.

I think it's too early for Cersei to die. I fully expect Dany to be the queen from the prophecy, so I think she'll show up before Jaime offs her. I also think Stannis will be involved in the final battle against the others, although I could see him dying to set up Mel's realisation that Jon is Azor Ahai.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Tyrion and Littlefinger.

• Administrators Posts: 53,398 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

IMO Tyrion won't die.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Tommen will be the first to die, Varys is already in King's Landing and will presumably kill him when Aegon marches so he finds the city in chaos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

selmy, shireen, jorah, hizdahr

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

What other series do people discuss what main characters are next set to be killed off, as Supreme Overlord Martin has no use for them.

Tyrion will die, just not yet, and I think Tommen is around until Cersei offs herself. He will at that stage be lynched IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

razorblunt wrote: »
    Tyrion and Littlefinger.
    You really think Tyrion will die in the NEXT book? Oh he'll die alright but I think it'll be about 200 pages into the last book.

Personally I think the only people who will survive is Vayrs or littlefinger. Standing beside the Iron Throne (Not sitting on it). POSSIBLY with (shudder) Sansa on the throne. (Which I suppose would rule out Littlefinger)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,152 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Tommen and Myrcella will both die before Cersei.
    Jaime will die gloriously in the completion of his redemption.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

You really think Tyrion will die in the NEXT book? Oh he'll die alright but I think it'll be about 200 pages into the last book.

Personally I think the only people who will survive is Vayrs or littlefinger. Standing beside the Iron Throne (Not sitting on it). POSSIBLY with (shudder) Sansa on the throne. (Which I suppose would rule out Littlefinger)

Ah I was reading it as who would die in the next book.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Grey Wind

There probably won't be an Iron Throne in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭amos13

Nody wrote:
    I think Cersei will be around at least long enough to see her lose everything inc. her children before she suicides so it's to early for her.

She won't kill herself, the valonqar will sort her out. I actually think she'll end up as a Wight somehow, on account of the pale white throat bit of the prophesy.

I think Sansa will go. The stark kids mirror their wolves, and hers is dead, unjustly. So I think she'll die, unjustly. Also as someone else says, its been a while since a stark was offed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

The Starks mirror their wolves?! What could that mean for Jon and his pale, white wolf.
    Everyone has just assumed that Jon would be OK but what if its the Night King that raises Jon not the red witch

Edit: this is partly a joke but we don't actually have a clue what's going to happen with Jon

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭hotshots85

The Starks mirror their wolves?! What could that mean for Jon and his pale, white wolf.
    Everyone has just assumed that Jon would be OK but what if its the Night King that raises Jon not the red witch

Edit: this is partly a joke but we don't actually have a clue what's going to happen with Jon

OR is Ghost's white hair a symbol of John's Targareyean blood?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I think that's one of the major running theories to be fair. The show might shed some light on this next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Daith

hotshots85 wrote: »

Ghost and Nymeria have puppies confirmed :P

The Starks mirror their wolves?! What could that mean for Jon and his pale, white wolf. Everyone has just assumed that Jon would be OK but what if its the Night King that raises Jon not the red witch

Thing is, it can't be the red witch, can it? I mean in the series she's at the siege of winterfell. So either she races to him when she hears (unlikely, she only cares for Stannis), someone else raises him or he's just dead. Either way I don't think we'll be finding out til next season.

Just as I say it, they burnt Maester Aemon when he died didn't they? Maybe they do the same to Jon and it brings him back to life clutching three baby dragons suckling on his man boobs ha.

OR STONEHEART FINALLY SHOWS UP.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

amos13 wrote: »
    Just as I say it, they burnt Maester Aemon when he died didn't they? Maybe they do the same to Jon and it brings him back to life clutching three baby dragons suckling on his man boobs.
    More likely as it's brother killing brother that they would try to hide their crime by dumping the body on the other side of the wall "for him to be with his beloved wildlings" or something along those lines. This would give the opportunity for either the warging or being raised as a walker.

Nody wrote:
    More likely as it's brother killing brother that they would try to hide their crime by dumping the body on the other side of the wall "for him to be with his beloved wildlings" or something along those lines. This would give the opportunity for either the warging or being raised as a walker.

I'm hoping not, although its entirely possible. What definitely won't happen (but I'd love if it did) would be LSH turning up with the BwB to raise him and give him the little gift of Robb's will.

I have another question too, probably not suited to this thread but...since you brought that up...Ned's bones never turned up, there's all this mystery of where they are. The crypts are allegedly empty, where are all the dead kings of winterfell? Are they the WWs? Is it Jon's destiny to be raised as a WW rather than the last hero we've all been sucked into believing? Ahhhh too many unknowns I need the next book.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Are we talking Die Die.... Or Kinda Die and Come Back :pac:

Serious answer though Jamies gonna go soon

Cormac... wrote:
    Serious answer though Jamies gonna go soon

Agreed. Jamie's redemption arc is complete IMO. We've all forgiven/ forgotten what he did to Bran, amongst other things, and he genuinely seems to be a goodish person now. He can't fight any more, D&D made sure to show us that. He dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I expect that Rickon Stark grows up not knowing anyhing about his family, ends up on the wrong side of a battle, and gets himself killed by Brienne. She's never even seen him, after all, and has no idea what he looks like. After that, she'll be left with no reason to live.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 24,152 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Jamie will die but I expect to see him manage a positive entry in the White Book first. He also has to kill Cersei since he's the Valonquar.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

hotshots85 wrote: »

Working along with the general assumption that this is not the end of Jon (and r+l=j), he has to find out about his parentage at some point which means he probably heads north and finds Bran who sees it through the weirwoods. There is, however, one person left alive who probably knows the secret and I really can't see Howland Reed playing no part in the story and he must be destined for a significant impact somewhere. That depends on whether or not you believe the theory that he is already posing as the high sparrow but I personally don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭DarkoT

In my opinion the next ''victim'' of Martin will be Petyr Baelish... Expect the unexpected... :)

Advertisement