Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL Hear Scheme

Options
  • 07-06-2015 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi, so I'm hoping to study in UL this September and I will more than likely be entering through the hear scheme.
    Has anyone on here entered through the hear scheme and could anyone tell me a little bit about it in UL?
    for example how long is orientation? what else does UL offer HEAR scheme students as well as reduced points entry?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Almen11 wrote: »
    Hi, so I'm hoping to study in UL this September and I will more than likely be entering through the hear scheme.
    Has anyone on here entered through the hear scheme and could anyone tell me a little bit about it in UL?
    for example how long is orientation? what else does UL offer HEAR scheme students as well as reduced points entry?

I entered through the HEAR scheme in 2012. Orientation is usually 3 days long. You shouldn't bank on reduced points, and you still need to meet minimum subject criteria in many cases - e.g. a C3 in honours maths is required to enter engineering.

The access office distributes the Student Assistance Fund, offers a book loan scheme, and peer mentors amongst other services. If you are eligible to enter via HEAR, then do, there is no drawbacks whatsoever.

Advertisement