Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phone suggestions

Options
  • 07-06-2015 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a mobile phone someone who is hard of hearing. They have a hearing aid and can use a normal mobile at the moment but with some difficulty. I would be interested in particular brands or feature to watch out for.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There appear to be a series of phones from Doro, who make accessible technology phones.
    Here's a link to their site with their smart phone that is also hearing aid compatible link
    Here's a complete range of their phones that are HAC (Hearing Aid Compatible) link

It also seems that many standard phones are also HAC, in fact all of the big manufacturers seem to have their phones labelled as such,
    look for a model you like and google it's compatibility with the hearing aid, they will have an M and a T rating, M is for microphone and T is for T-coil, a system that uses magnetic induction for an improved sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,065 ✭✭✭✭looksee

That's a great link Ciderman, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Check if his hearing aid has a t-coil; a lot of them do. The t-coil is awesome for the phone, as they'll clearly hear the phone, and not the background noise.

Had an old Nokia which was t-coil compatible; the other person may not be able to hear me because of the place I was in, but I'd hear them.

Advertisement