Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next blackout curtains

Options
  • 07-06-2015 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have blackout curtains from next? If so are they any good? The roller blind and normal curtains just are not cutting it with the bright mornings for our 17 month old;)
    For longevity would I be better off getting plain? I was kind of thinking the pirate ones or builder ones as I didn't really like the plain ones that are there at the minute.

We have just bought our house so we are doing up his room next weekend. We haven't picked a theme yet so would love some suggestions! All his furniture is white (cot bed, changing table, chest of drawers and fitted wardrobe). He is in the single room.

Thanks a mil
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 carrieblack

Yeah we have them in our spare room for my husbands Mammy (she hates to be called Mother-in-law) when she comes as she needs complete dark to sleep. They are very good but the trick is to make sure the pole you are hanging them from is in a good place the way they hang is everything and we had to adjust that quite a few times to get the blackout effect. If there were any chinks believe me she would find you out!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Dunnes do black out curtains for kids too. They are great and might be cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,976 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

If you fancy a bargain......

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057439247

They're plain, but they're VERY cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Thanks guys...in next they would be €26 as I will use a €15 off €30 coupon ;)
    I think that is a grand price!!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Congrats on the house move! I have a blackout blind in my own room and my 17 month old daughters room. I found the blind alone combined with blackout curtains not satisfactory. I've bought black out lining and got a seamstress to sew it to the curtains in both rooms and it's brilliant especially on these bright mornings. The black out lining is very thick and really really helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Congrats on the house move! I have a blackout blind in my own room and my 17 month old daughters room. I found the blind alone combined with blackout curtains not satisfactory. I've bought black out lining and got a seamstress to sew it to the curtains in both rooms and it's brilliant especially on these bright mornings. The black out lining is very thick and really really helps.

Thanks a mil! It has taken 3 sale ageeds to finally get there :rolleyes:
    The pole is up super high above window so I reckon the 46x54 curtains will sit maybe 1 inch below the window. I think this will be grand? I don't want to move the pole!!
    Mum reckons just to get these and decorate room.
    http://ie.nextdirect.com/en/x5d3330s1#671863
    I rang a blind company yesterday about blackout blinds and he said the roller ones great because they have a gap. Plus I would need to change all the blinds at front of the house as it would look odd from the outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I think your mams right about the colour. Your little boy will want something g different in his room after a year or two so itd be way easier to repaint walls than to replace curtains. You could get wall stickers in a pirate theme. They're handy cos you can take them on and off and move them around/swap them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

Another great place to buy curtains, blinds and bedding is Terrysfabrics. They're in the UK and only charge about £6 for delivery. I bought the blue curtains with a blackout lining for my little boys' room and they're really good at keeping it dark. terrysfabrics.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Have NEXT blackout curtains in my sons room they are ok not 100% blackout, we have a roller-blind on window aswell (not a black out one though)

Advertisement