Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Person changes name by deedpoll rather than pay name change fees

Options
  • 07-06-2015 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Not the sharpest methinks.

He only saved £7 because the change fee only applies once for a return journey.

Edit: The version of the story I read yesterday said he only saved £7. Today's versions seem to differ.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when his dad hears the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Not the sharpest methinks.

He only saved £7 because the change fee only applies once for a return journey.

Edit: The version of the story I read yesterday said he only saved £7. Today's versions seem to differ.

He was going to be charged £220 because his girlfriend was also on the booking and Ryanair were going to charge £110 per person.

bee06 wrote: »
    He was going to be charged £220 because his girlfriend was also on the booking and Ryanair were going to charge £110 per person.

Yeah. That part wasn't in the story yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Was the girlfriend not correctly booked?

From what I could tell her name etc was fine but because Ryanair had to change one name on the booking they wanted to charge for each person on the booking. Makes no logical sense of course ...

But they'll generously change your name on both legs of the booking for £110. Putting your girlfriend on the same booking, however, somehow doubles the fee!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,445 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

His credit history will be messed up, all his bills and documentation with the banks will need to be resubmitted, he has caused himself much more expense than the €302 fee from Ryanair would have involved, complete tool and he has given Ryanair some nice free publicity.

Advertisement