Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any Stumbling Blocks

Options
  • 07-06-2015 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi,

I have visitors arriving tomorrow from Australia and they want to buy a camper van

I'm just checking does anyone know of any stumbling blocks that would prevent them getting on the road legally?

Thanks,

D.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

Classic camper? if not the motorcaravan section would be better for you

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Insurance, that'll stop them.

They will be used to the Rego system so be sure to tell them they will need Insurance seperately (and may have trouble getting it). If they are on holiday, is it worth buying?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I think most camper policies require you to have a private car insured

never heard that one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

I dont see a major issue, they just get some insurance quotes (once they have valid driving licences), take out a policy, buy their camper van and off they go.

They could even go online before they arrive and get some insurance quotes (or you could do it for them).

(I recall taking out (extra) car insurance when I bought a car in New Zealand. Regular insurance in NZ (Rego) doesnt cover damage to other property, i.e. it only covers injuries to persons - so in the event of an accident you would have to pay for any vehicle or property damage out of your own pocket).

Advertisement