Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know how to format a picture?

Options
  • 06-06-2015 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. Not sure where to put these. But I have two pictures I need to format for the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.

They say it needs The image format should be square 600px x 600px (21cm x21cm), 72dpi. It can be either RGB or CMYK colour

I no idea how to do this. Could any one help? Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

1. Make a backup copy.
    2. Crop it in Picasa and resize the image as described here.

It's pretty straightforward, but if you can't figure it out shur post 'em here as attachments and someone will oblige, I'm sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Thank you very much. I give it good. Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Hi guys. Not sure where to put these. But I have two pictures I need to format for the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.

They say it needs The image format should be square 600px x 600px (21cm x21cm), 72dpi. It can be either RGB or CMYK colour

I no idea how to do this. Could any one help? Thank you.

Those numbers don't make sense, I'd double check them.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Ok I copy and paste those numbers from there e-mail. These pictures have to go on to their website and into their show book.

Ok I copy and paste those numbers from there e-mail. These pictures have to go on to their website and into their show book.

So the 600px x 600px thumbnail and a 21cm x 21cm print image?

Still doesn't make sense. A 21cm print image should be 2480px (@ 300dpi).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭dball

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Numbers make perfect sense 600px by 600px at 72dpi is 8.33inches by 8.33 inches (600/72) or just over 21cm by 21cm.

Numbers make perfect sense 600px by 600px at 72dpi is 8.33inches by 8.33 inches (600/72) or just over 21cm by 21cm.

****e, yep, you're right. I was expecting 300dpi for a print image.

Advertisement