Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty washing machine.

Options
  • 06-06-2015 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭

My washing machine developed a fault today, it was purchased July 2014 from Argos. I collected it from the store. Have the receipt etc.

Is it up to Argos or Hoover to organise a repair ?

I will be calling to them tomorrow but would like to have some clear facts to hand before i head in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,372 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It's up to the retailer to organise a repair, replacement or refund. In your case you should contact Argos and they should arrange an onsite repair since it's a large appliance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

but in some cases the retailer will get you to contact the service dept directly to avoid unnecessary delays.

Hoover company itself went bust after their infamous free flights deal years ago (no conditions attached free flights to Europe & USA with purchase of £100). Its now just a brand name of Candy and sold primariy in Argos/Homebase

Biggest marketing financial disaster of modern times
    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/great-financial-disasters-of-our-time-the-hoover-fiasco-1171711.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭oleras

What an anti climax. :pac:

Off i trotted with my consumer rights tucked under my oxter awaiting the inevitable pillar to post scenario between retailer and manufacturer.

I explained what the issue was, they asked had i it with me, i said no, they said sure bring it in and we will exchange it for you. I made it back home and back again in record time before they changed their mind.

Fair play Argos.

A happy ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Argos are generally up there with the best for returns.

Advertisement