Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

combining sessions, cutting sessions, making the best of it

Options
  • 06-06-2015 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

can be a bit of a ghost town in here over the weekends, understandably , but il go ahead and ask anyway

doing a 12 week plan, 2 of everything, technically 3 runs, as in 1 bike run, anyway
    last 2 weeks ive missed 1 bike run as i generally cycle on the weekends and my better half has been working so ive been doing well to get the 1 3 hour cycle in never mind anything else,
    this weekend or whats left of it i have 2 options,
    tonight at 8,cut the 1.40 bike and 30 run to 1hr bike and 30 run ,
    and do 3 hours early in the morning

or do 41/2 hour cycle in the morning and run after it, i figure option 1 has the most merit, but im just throwing it out there..

have already swam in a very choppy metalman this morning so feeling wrecked as it is ,

which is the better option cutting sessions short or combining them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

What are you training for woody - there's nothing wrong with a nice long bike and run after it if you are looking at long distance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

half iron in 6 weeks..
    just cant keep missing sessions, but could do double days or do the session shorter and harder.. wondering which has more merit..
    its a just get around plan, suits me , the plan would be , swim easy, cycle easy, and hopefully be able to at least jog the half marathon..

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

I think the longer session tomorrow would be more beneficial, you have a half im in 6 weeks so the longer sessions in the legs would help more IMO

Advertisement