Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The FAI has quickly replaced Denis O'Brien as official bogeyman of the Irish media...

Options
  • 06-06-2015 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭

...am I being overly cynical in imagining that they couldn't be happier with the timing and an excuse to stop talking about big, scary Mr. Lawsuit? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Nothing about Irish Water lately either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Wait a minute......Delaney........siteserv...........Irish water.............Denis O Brien

Proof the Illuminati exist!!!!!

Or Half Life 3 confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Yeah because it was Denis O'Briens media empire of local newspapers that kicked it all off by forcing the U.S Attorney General to speak out about FIFA. I hear the Wicklow News had some very strongly worded letters in the reader's comments section

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Wait a minute......Delaney........siteserv...........Irish water.............Denis O Brien

Proof the Illuminati exist!!!!!

Or Half Life 3 confirmed.

Or Fallout fou... never mind..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Yeah because it was Denis O'Briens media empire of local newspapers that kicked it all off by forcing the U.S Attorney General to speak out about FIFA. I hear the Wicklow News had some very strongly worded letters in the reader's comments section

Oh I'm not suggesting that they're responsible for the FAI incident, just that they seem delighted to have an excuse to suddenly stop talking about last week's events in any form whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Didn't Denis give the FAI a splodge of cash?
    Probably a return favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

kneemos wrote: »
    Didn't Denis give the FAI a splodge of cash?
    Probably a return favour.

He paid half of Trap's and Tardelli's salaries.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

kneemos wrote: »
    Nothing about Irish Water lately either.
    It would take a lot of Water to Clean the Irish Establishment !

Maybe thats why there is so much rain in Ireland !

Trying desperately to clean the Irish Establishment !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

blinding wrote: »
    It would take a lot of Water to Clean the Irish Establishment !

Maybe thats why there is so much rain in Ireland !

Trying desperately to clean the Irish Establishment !

You're kinda beating us over the head with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

...am I being overly cynical in imagining that they couldn't be happier with the timing and an excuse to stop talking about big, scary Mr. Lawsuit? :rolleyes:

If posts were human, this one'd be sulking in its bedroom after a grounding.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

Anglo tapes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Denis contributes a lot to the FAI and is good friends with John Delaney. You could be on to something there OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Well, John Delaney was on RTE news criticising Sepp and FIFA for being corrupt on the eve of the presidential vote. And a few days later it emerges 'corrupt' FIFA loaned 5,000,000 to the FAI who failed to put it in the books.

'tis not a diversionary tactic by DO'B; just another issue that is worthy of scrutiny. Taking the spotlight off Denis for a few days won't make people forget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Meh, its just the news cycle. Next week they will all be up in arms about something else, the price of a loaf of bread or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Menas wrote: »
    Meh, its just the news cycle. Next week they will all be up in arms about something else, the price of a loaf of bread or something.

That makes it sound like not a serious thing, when the price of basic essentials has overturned Govts or can be manipulated to overturn Govts however you may see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daelight

Well, John Delaney was on RTE news criticising Sepp and FIFA for being corrupt on the eve of the presidential vote. And a few days later it emerges 'corrupt' FIFA loaned 5,000,000 to the FAI who failed to put it in the books.

'tis not a diversionary tactic by DO'B; just another issue that is worthy of scrutiny. Taking the spotlight off Denis for a few days won't make people forget.

I heard the same interview and thought how long until those comments would bite him on the arse. Even I was surprised it was mere hours !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

I see what you mean OP. But don't worry, the Denis story won't go away. Not that it will make a blind bit of difference. There was a time when putting VAT on children's shoes would bring a government down...now we are so complacent and apathetic that I don't know what would have to happen to bring a government down. Across the waters actually raping children does not even seem to be able to bring down establishments. Not that bringing down governments would make a blind bit of difference anyway. :) Ahhhh, the crispy smell of Sunday morning cynicism.

Advertisement