Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault offer 10,000 pounds off New Zoe Nav.

Options
  • 06-06-2015 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

Renault match UK Gov. Grant with 10k off a new Zoe Nav . The offer is from June to Sept and a 25% extra range claimed from new motor. The dealer tells me that if I take this deal over a two year lease,my payments on the present lease,with a year to go, would half.
    Great offer,or smoke and mirrors?

Comments

Has anyone tested the range with the "new" motor ?

seems it's only lighter, I mean you can;t really make the motor itself that much more efficient.

10K Pounds off is pretty good, the cost of Zoe really needs to come down !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

To be honest they also need to f^k off with the infinite term battery rental nonsense. The battery cost doesn't warrant separate rental and there are no real reliability issues.

I'd have bought a Twizy as an additional vehicle around town if they'd offered the chance to purchase outright.

cros13 wrote: »
    To be honest they also need to f^k off with the infinite term battery rental nonsense. The battery cost doesn't warrant separate rental and there are no real reliability issues.

I'd have bought a Twizy as an additional vehicle around town if they'd offered the chance to purchase outright.

Renault were trying to make the cost of the car appear cheaper by removing the battery from the purchase price, the idea is you pay for the battery like you would diesel.

What I didn't like about the battery lease is that Renault did not guarantee you get a brand new battery and could end up with a recon with in or around 75% capacity there's no way in hell I would accept those terms and conditions if I spend the guts of 5-7K on a battery lease over 5 or so years. Pure madness.

Anyone interested in leasing the battery would just lease the whole car like I did with the leaf.

Twizzy didn't have fast charging and it's not ideal for our crap climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭GreyDad

That's close to what Nissan are offering on a new Leaf in the UK - £5k UK grant plus £3.5k dealer incentive (deposit) if you take out their 2 year 0% financing.

Can't find prices for a Zoe complete with battery though, at least on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

GreyDad wrote: »
    That's close to what Nissan are offering on a new Leaf in the UK - £5k UK grant plus £3.5k dealer incentive (deposit) if you take out their 2 year 0% financing.

Can't find prices for a Zoe complete with battery though, at least on their website.

Don't know if this makes things any clearer?http://www.evanshalshaw.com/brands/renault/ze-range-offers/zoe-offers/zoe-dynamique-intens/low-payment/

• Advertisement

Local Co.Down dealer comparison,http://bellscrossgar.com/renault/new-cars/zoe/

Renault were trying to make the cost of the car appear cheaper by removing the battery from the purchase price, the idea is you pay for the battery like you would diesel.

What I didn't like about the battery lease is that Renault did not guarantee you get a brand new battery and could end up with a recon with in or around 75% capacity there's no way in hell I would accept those terms and conditions if I spend the guts of 5-7K on a battery lease over 5 or so years. Pure madness.

Anyone interested in leasing the battery would just lease the whole car like I did with the leaf.

Twizzy didn't have fast charging and it's not ideal for our crap climate.
    Looks like battery rental on Nav will be 80 pounds per month over 2 years.What a silly name.

It's important to note that the battery contract never ends, it's an X year term but if you want to keep the car you need to sign up for another rental contract after that. And the cars become very difficult to sell, I've seen twizys and zoes on the UK sites failing to sell for over a year.

The Twizy is fine for Ireland's climate, just get the proper aftermarket windows instead of Renault's crappy ones. And wear a jacket. :)

It's important to note that the battery contract never ends, it's an X year term but if you want to keep the car you need to sign up for another rental contract after that. And the cars become very difficult to sell, I've seen twizys and zoes on the UK sites failing to sell for over a year.

The Twizy is fine for Ireland's climate, just get the proper aftermarket windows instead of Renault's crappy ones. And wear a jacket. :)

Shame there was never a grant towards the Twizy,no windows as it is classed as a quadroped .I liked it and have driven one, but with the drop in range with a Zoe in winter at around 30%?How many miles will the Twizzy range be in a bad winter?

In the worst of conditions it's about 60-65km. Which is fine for a little runabout.

The main thing from my perspective is how easy it is to park in.

• Advertisement

I thought the Zoe was now finally available with a battery purchase option instead of infinite hire? That's the pricing I can't find anywhere, so maybe it doesn't exist.

I thought the Zoe was now finally available with a battery purchase option instead of infinite hire? That's the pricing I can't find anywhere, so maybe it doesn't exist.

I heard from a Renault dealer in Ireland that you can purchase outright in the UK, but it's definitely not available for us. It's one of the primary reasons 20 Leafs are being sold for each Zoe here.

You're rapid charging in a Zoe would be limited to pretty much the same chargers as: http://ccs-map.eu/ (CCS availability is a good indicator of 40+KW AC, because most models of CCS charger also include it)

Of course you still have 22kW but while that's a good option in Ireland where over a thousand 22kW chargers are available, many of the public chargers I've seen in the UK are 7kW or even 3.6kW.

This is not based on experience, just observations on several forums, but it seems to me the CCS chargers seem to suffer far more downtime than Chademo. Within 40 miles of us the DC rapid chargers seem to ok but I know two places where CCS seems to have been down for over a week.

This is not based on experience, just observations on several forums, but it seems to me the CCS chargers seem to suffer far more downtime than Chademo. Within 40 miles of us the DC rapid chargers seem to ok but I know two places where CCS seems to have been down for over a week.

Correct, but this is only an issue on the CCS plug. AC & ChaDeMo on these chargers is almost always still operational.

For all my complaining ESB eCars has fixed all the chargers I complained about and got new firmware from efacec which fixes the primary issue.

The primary problem with CCS chargers everywhere are communications issues with the car.
    CCS uses a subset (GreenPhy) of the HomePlug standard (the same one used for home powerline networks, in fact it's forwards compatible with HomePlug AV, and I'm building a franken-cable that will include a homeplug tap so I can reverse engineer it (I want to have my home automation system talk to the car... get battery status etc.)).
    The charger manufacturers don't have enough of my profession about (I'm an R&D engineer who designs this kind of stuff (network/PLC comms/remote power systems/sat comms/avionics) for a living).

I have different lightly candidates for issues with each charger manufacturer given what I've got from the logs on my vehicle.
    With efacec chargers the main issue seems to have been a simple firmware correctable issue where ethernet was up over the PLC but there was no IP traffic. There was also a second issue on three of the chargers with a faulty DC breaker that was tripping too low.
    With DBT the issue seems to have been letting the interns design the CCS comms board, power totally out-of-spec, what seems like faulty PLC transformers, excessive noise across the band and other really ****ty fundamental design issues.
    To be expected given that DBT make the most unreliable ChaDeMo chargers as well. Don't know why anyone gives them their business.

Having travelled a bit with the i3 I'd say the ABB chargers are the most reliable and well desinged.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Dexter1979

For all my complaining ESB eCars has fixed all the chargers I complained about and got new firmware from efacec which fixes the primary issue.

To be expected given that DBT make the most unreliable ChaDeMo chargers as well. Don't know why anyone gives them their business.

Having travelled a bit with the i3 I'd say the ABB chargers are the most reliable and well
    desinged.

Hoping the Efacec charger update fixes the problem with Zoe and a hot battery. Car would pause the charge and start the fans. Then after a few seconds it would continue. All others seem to be fine but some, not all, Efacec chargers time out and stop the charge.

DBT is a good brand for AC but ABB are the best in my view as well. Probably why they win the FastNed contact a few years back.

http://www.abb.nl/cawp/seitp202/cb72975a39041ceec1257ba20027759e.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Dexter1979

On the Zoe news, it's a great deal. Batteries included has an advantage as selling the car privately will be easier and no monthly extra payment.

If one wants to keep the car the battery lease will mean you keep the battery over 75% and you might get a new one with more range when the current battery drops below 75%.

But this is the problem, Renault specifically leave out "brand new pack" and specifically mention "repair" or "at their discretion"

If I paid the guts of 10K with my mileage and they refused me a brand new battery I would go insane !!!

If you sign it you leave yourself in the position it's highly likely they will not replace the battery and insist you're "above" the magic 75% capacity quoting for end of life !!!

You'll have no way of knowing what % of battery is left because there is no leaf spy equivalent for the Zoe or any other make of EV only the leaf.

I do feel the battery rental is a very bad deal for higher mileage drivers but could be good for those who do very little mileage because then you won't be paying as much.

Dexter1979 wrote: »
    On the Zoe news, it's a great deal. Batteries included has an advantage as selling the car privately will be easier and no monthly extra payment.

If one wants to keep the car the battery lease will mean you keep the battery over 75% and you might get a new one with more range when the current battery drops below 75%.

Two years on over 10,000 miles and battery still doing 100 mile range with average wait for charge 40 mins.

100 miles ?

Don't get that in the leaf at 120 Kph haha, I don't drive easy at all. The cost of that is more time on the fast charger but at least it's free !!!

Dexter1979 wrote: »

There seems to be a .confusing. range of deals for the new Nav 2 year lease deal, have you any stats relating to what to expect on the basic white model? and what happens at the end of the 2 year period? Also do you think going down on wheel size will make much of a difference?

• Advertisement
Advertisement