Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad hand writing a problem?

Options
  • 06-06-2015 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

By the end of my exams, particularly english, my hand writing just goes to the dogs....What I'm saying is quality but reading back over it I have so many vowels etc. that aren't even formed properly that it might be a problem for someone to read!

Think this could come back to haunt me? I mean it's still eligible for the most part but I can envision a bitter examiner not marking it because he/she couldn't be arsed trying to make it out :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Paddyg96 wrote: »
    By the end of my exams, particularly english, my hand writing just goes to the dogs....What I'm saying is quality but reading back over it I have so many vowels etc. that aren't even formed properly that it might be a problem for someone to read!

Think this could come back to haunt me? I mean it's still eligible for the most part but I can envision a bitter examiner not marking it because he/she couldn't be arsed trying to make it out :(

If you have trouble reading it imagine how would a tester.

Practice and take gaps in writing

Don't press down so hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Paddyg96

If you have trouble reading it imagine how would a tester.

Practice and take gaps in writing

Don't press down so hard.

the problem being it is already done and I am worried about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Paddyg96 wrote: »
    the problem being it is already done and I am worried about it!

No point worrying about what's done, but you can take the above poster's advice on board for the coming exams.
    The examiner will not take one look at your script and 'decide' not to mark it; he or she has to mark it to the best of their ability. Obviously if certain words are not legible you will lose some marks, but it's most unlikely that the entire script will be scrapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

dont worry about it at all op im sure you're doing your best. the whole exam system is terrible in this country but i wouldnt worry about it. im dyslexic and my handwriting is terrible. people have been correcting my exam scripts for years(god love them), and my life is fine. too much efficiencies on this leaving cert thing. more to life to be honest. best of luck with the rest of the exams and enjoy the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Noire

I was worried over the same thing during the JC, particularly in English. It all went gran in the end though :)

I wouldn't worry about it OP, the examiners are experienced and I'm sure they'll manage. There's always someone else who's handwriting will be worse!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If it can't be read, it can't be read, but you might be surprised how good some examiners at reading terrible writing.

For yourself though, as long as you do not have some muscle problem or hand deformity, it's easy enough fix with some practice exercises, if you wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,115 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

The leaving cert is still hand-written....?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes. Not too many people around to buy sixty thousand laptops.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,115 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

spurious wrote: »
    Yes. Not too many people around to buy sixty thousand laptops.

Not really my point, to be fair. Nor do you need a laptop.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Not really my point, to be fair. Nor do you need a laptop.

How would you organise it, to make sure there was no cheating?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

If you see the speed some students "type" at, literally 1 keystroke every few seconds.

English paper 2 would need to last for 8 hours to accommodate for slow typers!

Advertisement