Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paulo Tulio RIP

Options
  • 06-06-2015 7:57am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭

His warm tones will be missed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Ah, no.

Was wondering why he disappeared from the radio.

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Try here op, you are a few hours late!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057442263

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Menas wrote: »

Oh, I didn't realise it was a race, merely paying respect. Carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

[ quote="DeadHand;95779030"]Ah, no.

Was wondering why he disappeared from the radio.

RIP[/quote]

I was tuned into moncrieff the day he 'took sick' live on air and it cut to an ad break. I remarked at the time on the radio forum that he was buckled drunk,and many agreed.I feel like a bit of a pr1ck now,newstalk never mentioned him once following that day until this morning when Henry McKean paid tribute.Poor show newstalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

I spent a week with him earlier in the year, he was in the bed next to me in st Vincent's, I could have listened to him talk about anything all day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I can hardly believe he's pasta way :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Used to like his segment on Moncrieff particularly when he talked about the history of his family, RIP Paulo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

hairyslug wrote: »
    I spent a week with him earlier in the year, he was in the bed next to me in st Vincent's, I could have listened to him talk about anything all day
    Jesus are the hospitals that bad that they are putting two patients in the same bed, at least ye got one I suppose :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

So sad never knew the man but like most I knew him from TV and the paper. It was always part of Saturday routine to read his words of wisdom on the weekender Independent restaurant review. He always came across as a fair and friendly man and would have been up there on a list of people I would love to spend an evening with. Today life will go on for the rest of us but I am sure for his family and friends it will be a very hard loss to get over.

To Paulo RIP big guy and thanks for the joy you brought to me in both written and spoken words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Sorry to hear he passed away. He was an outstanding radio presenter and someone who could communicate about food without being in the least bit snobby about it.

I always got the impression that he thought great food was something to be enjoyed and experienced, not worshiped.

Great chef and did an awful lot for Ireland's food culture. He's one of those people who helped our artisan and restaurant sector find its voice and its mojo and gain a bit of well deserved self confidence!

I realise some of you think this stuff is poncy, posh and nonsense but growing Ireland's food reputation is injecting life into rural places and creating a whole world of possibilities and opportunities for people that wouldn't exist otherwise.

RIP and my condolences to his family, friends and colleagues. He'll be missed!!

• Advertisement

I thought it was hilarious that he almost always guessed the wrong wine on The Restaurant, almost without fail he'd get the wine wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

I thought it was hilarious that he almost always guessed the wrong wine on The Restaurant, almost without fail he'd get the wine wrong.

That was one of the nice things about him though - wine to him seemed to be something to be enjoyed.

To some wine critics it's like stamp collecting!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

I can hardly believe he's pasta way :(

Floodgates opened,everybody will be on now for a pizza the action..

SpaceTime wrote: »
    That was one of the nice things about him though - wine to him seemed to be something to be enjoyed.

To some wine critics it's like stamp collecting!

Actually he was usually pretty baked and hadn't a clue what he was doing on the show.

I'd a drink with him a few weeks ago, damn he looked really poorly. Very frail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

He came across as the most genuine "foodie" in the media, not a bit of the usual snobbery just a love for good food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Menas wrote: »

That was unnecessary, this was started as an RIP to a lovely man, will miss him a lot from his media slots. Why did you post that?

Advertisement