Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get out of jail free card? well your licence back anyway

Options
  • 06-06-2015 4:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi all.

Just a quick question.

Just coming out of town tonight in a TAXI and i seen guards testing a guy in a car. Maybe for drink or drugs? but he was out walking a line, it looked like a line anyway.

Is the new drug driving laws benifical for cannabis smokers? (obiously the guy the guards stopped is screwed lol)

They always say, once its in your system your screwed, and seeming that it stays in your system for so long, your screwed even if you didnt smoke it in a few weeks.

I also realise that cannabis is illegal, and shouldnt be in your system but thats bollox. Do the Guards park outside clubs or concerts randomly check anyone walking out to see if they consumed drugs? NO. Or at airports after the AMSTERDAM flights come in, again NO. Or you could of got spiked at a club when you were drunk and wouldnt know if you were spiked.

Anyway. The new laws entitle the guards to do "Roadside Imparement Testing", fair enough. But if you pass the tests and the guard still thinks your stoned he still has the right to blood or urine sample you. This will be positive if you are a cannabis smoker. But if you passed the test your obiously not under the influence!!!

Isn't that why the new laws are out, to see if your driving is impared?

Thank you PASCHAL DONOHOE (i think he brought it in) minister for transport..... Before this test, it was just once its in your system your done for driving under the influence, i think now theres hope for (sensible) smokers who might only have a smoke once there at home.

And dont they have to prove you were under the influence? again if you pass the test and its in your system, thats just suspicion that your under the influence, and if thats the case they can jail anyone for anything if there suspicious!!!

Like, how could you pass the test and be stoned? Like, this is a test from our amazing and wise goverment so how can they contradict themselves by putting someone off the road if they passed the test (short and curlies come to mind)...........:)

BTW i dont smoke cannabis anymore:( and do not condone drug driving, if your out of it and they stop you, you should be off the road, full stop. If its just in your system and you were not wasted, thats what annoys me.

After my third conviction, 2 years of getting randomly drug tested for cultivation and a 500 euro fine, i gave up (2010). Not over the cannabis but over how unfair the legal system is here. During my 2 years going back to court, i seen a sexual offender with 16 previos convictions (not for sexual assaults i hope) get a suspended sentence, loads of voilent and just scumbags with multiple convictions getting off with everything and maybe a 100 euro fine, and anyone with drug possession being screwed. Nearly everytime i went back to court i would see all the same faces (about 5) for drug offences going through the same drug test crap results and see you in 6 months.. It is a joke, these judges should be laughed at.....
    The judge warned me i was very, very lucky not to go to jail, you could imagine what i felt like saying to the sexual offender lover.... When the parole officer called to see me i asked her does the judge perfer sexual offenders more than cannabis users? and she even said that was weird....

Anyway could this roadside test work in peoples favour?:cool:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Irishbob wrote: »
    Hi all.

Just a quick question.

Dude, that was anything but a 'quick question'!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭DeadHand

What's the question here?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

So if I get you right you think that if you pass one cr@ppy little test you are not impaired and should be allowed back into your car even though the guards think you're stoned???

So if you go on to kill someone because you ARE under the influence you can say "oh but I passed the test"????

Think about when you're stoned/drunk amazing how sometimes you can do things as if you're completely sober whereas you can't speak without slurring. Just because you can do one thing ok does not mean you are not locked or stoned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Three convictions, and you're giving out about the justice system?

Guess I'd be annoyed too if I was thick enough to be repeatedly caught breaking the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Walk a straight line means you're not impaired..... hmmmm not sure if I agree....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I also realise that cannabis is illegal, and shouldnt be in your system but thats bollox. Do the Guards park outside clubs or concerts randomly check anyone walking out to see if they consumed drugs? NO. Or at airports after the AMSTERDAM flights come in, again NO. Or you could of got spiked at a club when you were drunk and wouldnt know if you were spiked.

You'd think having numerous convictions relating to this you'd have a better understanding of the law. It's not illegal to have drugs in your system. It's illegal to be in possession of them, intent to sell or selling them, manufacture/growing, etc. There's no reason to randomly test if people have traces of cannabis in their system because there's no offence for that.

Driving while under the influence is an offence.

Anyway. The new laws entitle the guards to do "Roadside Imparement Testing", fair enough. But if you pass the tests and the guard still thinks your stoned he still has the right to blood or urine sample you. This will be positive if you are a cannabis smoker. But if you passed the test your obiously not under the influence!!!

Similarly a roadside brethalyser test is only indicative. They're quick measures to help gardaí determine if you are under the influence. If your driving is impaired and you have drugs in your system, tough shít. Passing a roadside test means nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Stay away from the Internet when stoned OP :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

DeadHand wrote: »
    What's the question here?
    Just coming out of town tonight]

Which town?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Which town?

It's usually Clonmel.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭joollyparo

Bearly understand what is going on here, but still it a thread for the stoned. So i can't complain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Irishbob

Three convictions, and you're giving out about the justice system?

Guess I'd be annoyed too if I was thick enough to be repeatedly caught breaking the law.

lmao, i was caught once, and got 3 convictions out of it.

Jesus i got slated lol.

When i said if you pass the test, i didnt just mean walking in a line, if you read up on the new roadside tests there area 4 or 5 things they make you do at the side of the road. If you pass ALL of these tests i ment.

I magine if you were stoned you would not be able to pass these tests?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

The Gardaí have to prove impairment as well as the presence of drugs in your system.

Similarly a roadside brethalyser test is only indicative. They're quick measures to help gardaí determine if you are under the influence. If your driving is impaired and you have drugs in your system, tough shít. Passing a roadside test means nothing.[/QUOTE]

I know these tests are only a indicator to help the guards, but by law, a guard has to prove you "are" under the influence. If someone had a joint 3 weeks ago, according to our law system there still stoned because its in there system, and we all know thats bull!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

After my third conviction, 2 years of getting randomly drug tested for cultivation and a 500 euro fine, i gave up (2010). Not over the cannabis but over how unfair the legal system is here.

I hope the quick question was not intended to be "why me?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

I know these tests are only a indicator to help the guards, but by law, a guard has to prove you "are" under the influence. If someone had a joint 3 weeks ago, according to our law system there still stoned because its in there system, and we all know thats bull!

Your understanding of the law is wrong.

Zen65 wrote: »
    I hope the quick question was not intended to be "why me?"

Nope, i was THICK!!!! TOTALY my fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Nobody has compared smoking weed to alcohol yet... somethings not right

PARlance wrote: »
    Nobody has compared smoking weed to alcohol yet... somethings not right

Dont get me started on that lol, did you see the BBC3 program on tv not so long ago about weed, and how bad acohol and tabacco are compared to even the strongest weed going (skunk, they say).

100 being very bad, acohol and tabacco were somewhere between 60/80.
    Skunk was in the 20's and HASH bearly showed up at all.

Advertisement