Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone been tested for drug driving?

Options
  • 05-06-2015 11:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭

Just seen that ad that the garda are now testing for drugs. Remember a big campaign about this a couple months back and nothing much since.How do do they enforce this? If I had a smoke yesterday and got tested today it would still show up in my system.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

lol its a saliva test and it takes the window (time since ingestion) into account
    just wear a suit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

It's a little different to drink driving as there is no specific limit. The Gardaí must prove your driving was impaired and they must prove there was drugs in your system. They do not need to prove that the drugs caused the impairment. So if you had a spliff today and ran a red light tomorrow you could find yourself done for drug driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Never been tested in Ireland but I've been tested a good few times in Australia, mainly when I've been driving home from a festival. It's a tongue swap/saliva test thingy. Smoke etc won't show on it, it's mainly for amphetamines, MD, coke, ketamine etc etc. Pretty much all of these are gone from your saliva within 24 hours (some even less than that) so I always just lay of these particular things on the last day of a festival. The worst part is that the results take about 5 minutes to show on the cop's wee computer so it's always a nervous few minutes making awkward small talk with the police

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

No. Probably because I neither drive nor take drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

honestly I only had a few ales

• Advertisement

Anyone ever driven under the influence of drugs?

Cheaper than a video game, with higher stakes. Even if crawling along, the cars parked on each side of the street just seem...nearer and larger. So I'm told.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

honestly I only had a few ales

I think you mean bales

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭HardenendMan

Never heard of anyone getting tested. I thought the drug driving test was things like walk the line, touch your nose while on one foot type of thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Anyone ever driven under the influence of drugs?

Cheaper than a video game, with higher stakes. Even if crawling along, the cars parked on each side of the street just seem...nearer and larger. So I'm told.

Driving on ketamine is like a real world version of Mario Kart...

...allegedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭HardenendMan

Driving on ketamine is like a real world version of Mario Kart...

...allegedly.

So you were told eh?

I heard driving on coke is not a big deal. Doesn't alter reactions or awareness. Just drive around really happy.

• Advertisement

So you were told eh?

I heard driving on coke is not a big deal. Doesn't alter reactions or awareness. Just drive around really happy.

I'd hate to be a passenger with a cokeheads driver. Having to listen to them drone on and on about themselves with no way of just walking away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I've been driving 15 years and have only been pulled over once and that was to check my licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Id imagine getting stopped off your tits would be like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Part of the new drugs test entails being showed a picture of a cannabis bud and questioned in regards to how many creatures you can see in the picture.

Get any correct and it's off to the funny-farm.

Advertisement