Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Damaged wheels

Options
  • 05-06-2015 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

hi all,

I just got my car back from the garage.. something was wrong with the engine. That was sorted and my car is running fine. The problem is my wheel rims, they look like they have been damaged by acid or something similar. It's a ford focus and I've been told some cleaners contain an acid that can strip the paint.. I have photos that show how the paint looks corroded, not scrapped as would be the case if it was from the curb. The garage said they done a mini valet on it but only used water on the rims so they couldn't have damaged it. Does anyone have any experience with these so I can be certain this is what the problem is? the garage has said that the rims were like this when it came in to them but I am 99% sure this isn't the case. The car was towed to the garage, is there anyway a tow truck straps on the wheels could have done this damage? If anyone knows how to upload photos on to this thread I can do that??

Any advice is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Is it that the car has been dirty for so long you never noticed?

After a few years most alloys will start to fade,peel etc especially from stones and when roads are gritted it pits the alloys.

You can get non acidic cleaners and these are best but a once off or occasional clean with the strong stuff wouldn't have that effect unless it was left on over very long periods.

Put up some pics. or link to them as you are new they won't allow to post pics.

Advertisement