Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus and Aer Canada luggage transfer query

Options
  • 05-06-2015 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hi guys
    Im flying to canada next wk with a combo of aer lingus to Heathrow t2 then air canada from t2 heathrow to toronto.

I booked with lastminute.com

Does anyone know if i have to manually collect my own checked bag in heathrow or will it be done for me?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

I flew EI to LHR then Air Canada to Vancouver a couple of years back, bags were checked through so didn't have to collect them and seats were selected for the onward flight, so only had to collect boarding passes in the transfer lounge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I flew Dublin - London - Vancouver last September via Aer Lingus and Air Canada. I checked in at Dublin airport and didn't see my bag again until Vancouver. They went straight through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Most airlines now have interline agreements now including aer Lingus and air Canada.

The only times this is usually an issue now is if you are transiting through a country that requires pick up and identification; ie USA or Australia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Is the flight from DUB to Canada booked with the same airline? If so, they will take care of your bags for you. If you booked the flights separately then you might need to collect your bags in Heathrow.

I flew from Dublin to Texas a few months ago and booked the journey with Aer Lingus. The internal flight in the USA, from Chicago to Houston, was with United Airlines but my bags were handled all the way to Houston because both flights were booked through Aer Lingus.

Advertisement