Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How it works...

Options
  • 05-06-2015 8:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭

Many folks will remember the video footage of this attack on a two Bus Passengers last year.

What struck a chord for many was the sheer viciousness of the attack,by a well built young man,on a slightly built young lady.

It took quite a while,but thanks to CCTV and Crimeline,the perpetrator was eventually located and brought before a Court.

The outcome however,would appear to be yet more of the same....

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/finglas-thug-viciously-attacked-woman-and-her-flatmate-on-dublin-bus
    He grabbed Mr Mendez’s long hair and got him into a headlock and whispered into his ear: “I’m going to kill you”. The victim pleaded with him, saying “Just let me go, I will get off the bus”.

Ms Leon described Harte’s attack as being like a boxer in a fight. She called gardai on the mobile phone but Harte continued the attack. Ms Leon began recording the attack on her phone and when Harte saw her doing this he swung at her, knocking the phone away.

He punched her face with a closed fist and continued punching her to the back of her head when she turned away from him to protect herself

So,not an accidental knock then.....young Mr Hart left both of these people in no doubt as to his intentions.

It would appear that the young gentleman has already dabbled in similar behaviour.
    Harte’s eleven previous convictions are mainly for alcohol related public order offences. He also has a conviction for robbery and an assault committed in May 2009.

At Dublin Circuit Criminal Court Judge Desmond Hogan adjourned sentencing to next October in order to establish if Harte was suitable for unpaid work in the community or for participating in the Restorative Justice Programme.

I suppose the question for the Court,and for any of the general public who may encounter this young gentleman on Public Transport in the future is...."Who is to be protected here".

What form of sentencing would Boardsies consider appropriate here ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Mod: I'm not sure if we can have this tread. I'll get a second opinion and if it's allowed, I'll reopen it and bump it.
    Sorry for the bother about this but we need to err on the side of caution.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement