Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guillty, but no conviction on record and no real punishment

Options
  • 05-06-2015 5:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Seems that Canada also has a 2 tier justice system, one for the rich and one for everyone else.

That muppet Justin Bieber was today found guilty of careless driving (he deliberately rammed another car) and assault. A petty $750 fine and he's walking free without any criminal record.

http://news.sky.com/story/1496495/bieber-guilty-of-assault-and-careless-driving.
    The 21-year-old pop star was ordered to pay a $750 (£390) fine for the careless driving charge, but a more serious charge of dangerous driving was withdrawn.
    Bieber received an absolute discharge for the assault, meaning he was found guilty but no conviction will show up on his record.

High profile/Rich people should face the same punishment as everyone else. And this guy in particular needs to a few months in prison to correct his attitude and behaviour.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭MathDebater

If it was paparazzi, I'm almost sympathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

Women always get off lightly

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Depraved wrote: »
    Seems that Canada also has a 2 tier justice system, one for the rich and one for everyone else.

That muppet Justin Bieber was today found guilty of careless driving (he deliberately rammed another car) and assault. A petty $750 fine and he's walking free without any criminal record.
    Minor driving offences rarely result in a criminal record.
    Bieber was accused of ramming his All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) into a minivan driven by a photographer and then getting into a "physical altercation" with the driver, according to police.

He was getting hassled by paparazzi and drove his Quad bike into their van and had an altercation. You are making out like he ran somebody off the road.
    I think you are going a bit overboard suggesting he goes to jail for that.
    I doubt that a non-celeb would go to jail for doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Might be liberal with the use of "ram"if he was driving a Quad.
    Bit of a hero if he took out paparazzi in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Fair play to Justin!

I hope someone gave him a big high five leaving the court.

In the face. With a chair or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

Is his "star" not on the wane anyway?
    Im sure we'll be seeing a story about him in a couple of years working as a car wash attendant or some such.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

WE LOVE YOU JUSTIN!!!

Is his "star" not on the wane anyway?
    Im sure we'll be seeing a story about him in a couple of years working as a car wash attendant or some such.

Don't hold your breath.
    whereas Justin Bieber’s net worth is pegged at around $130 million.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/cute-to-edgy-rebranding-lessons-from-miley-cyrus-and-justin-bieber-2013-10?IR=T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

A bad investment here or there. Sued successfully by a disgruntled former employee. A couple of cocaine and hooked binges. A failed fashion line.
    It could all disappear very quickly.

A bad investment here or there. Sued successfully by a disgruntled former employee. A couple of cocaine and hooked binges. A failed fashion line.
    It could all disappear very quickly.

Have to admit not knowing much about him, had to Google his networth.

Yeah, I suppose others have fallen from grace more wealthy than him , dis he write his own music?

Sad reality is all it takes is one 'hit' for these artist's, and the royalties roll in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

l
    Yeah, I suppose others have fallen from grace more wealthy than him , dis he write his own music?

Nah mate, get serious. He's only a young lad. He can't be expected to write "Baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby. Ooooh!" And make it a hit. You need the corporate song writers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

, dis he write his own music?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Songs_written_by_Justin_Bieber

Click through though, and he isn't actually named as writer on some of them, and they are all cooperative efforts with some famous, experienced, legit song writers which makes me suspect that all he did was check them for punctuation.

Advertisement