Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the most offensive comment/status you have ever came across on the internet?

Options
  • 05-06-2015 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭

I understand this is the internet and we must all learn to ignore, and let people be as d**kish as they want.

But I bet there was one or more comments you saw in threads, Youtube, Facebook or Twitter etc. that made you think "okay that's....too much". I've seen many, but one of the worst insults I've seen are ones that involve calling the other person a *insert mental disadvantaged term here*. Can't bring myself to say it.

I'd say this thread may not be for the faint of heart, but I did post it in AH so... :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

You not taking the internet too serious since you still playing with game consoles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

The entire Call of Duty sniping community constantly telling others to kill themselves, get cancer, drink bleach etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

You not taking the internet too serious since you still playing with game consoles?

I loves my game consoles :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

If the word
    "retard"
    (presume that's the one, it's become fashionable to go into fainting fits about it lately for some reason) is the worst you've encountered on the internet you've obviously led a very sheltered existence. I'd say most people hear worse things in their playground before the age of 8. Browse the forums/comment sections of sites like LiveLeak & Best Gore for some properly shocking comments, generally of the anti-semitic kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I understand this is the internet and we must all learn to ignore, and let people be as d**kish as they want.

But I bet there was one or more comments you saw in threads, Youtube, Facebook or Twitter etc. that made you think "okay that's....too much". I've seen many, but one of the worst insults I've seen are ones that involve calling the other person a *insert mental disadvantaged term here*. Can't bring myself to say it.

I'd say this thread may not be for the faint of heart, but I did post it in AH so... :pac:

So?

You want posters in AH to copy and paste offensive comments?

Discuss!

• Advertisement

Custardpi wrote: »
    If the word
    "retard"
    (presume that's the one, it's become fashionable to go into fainting fits about it lately for some reason) is the worst you've encountered on the internet you've obviously led a very sheltered existence. I'd say most people hear worse things in their playground before the age of 8. Browse the forums/comment sections of sites like LiveLeak & Best Gore for some properly shocking comments, generally of the anti-semitic kind.

No it's not that, it's
    "autistic"
    . And yeah, I've been on Best Gore and LiveLeak plenty of times (wow that sounds really bad lol)

Chucken wrote: »
    So?

You want posters in AH to copy and paste offensive comments?

Discuss!

I suppose I'm feeling a bit nosey :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

calling someone a Sega Saturn

If the word
    "retard"

Assuming Best Gore is one of those weird websites where you find stuff like the pain olympics, always heard of liveleak is it essentially the same?

One from a former work colleague who is no longer a Facebook friend posted this (she's female):

"Some girls just go out LOOKING to get raped!"

Then she posts a further comment in response to her own status:

"Lol... I'm talking about all the little 14 and 15 year old skanks that go out wearing a belt!"

That has got to be up there if we're talking about people we actually know..

• Advertisement

Assuming Best Gore is one of those weird websites where you find stuff like the pain olympics, always heard of liveleak is it essentially the same?

LiveLeak is a lot tamer in terms of content but yeah they'd be similar alright. BG will often have a fair bit of misogynistic comment on it. Not "misogynistic" in the usual internet sense i.e. guys who wear risqué shirts & enjoy watching Top Gear but people happily declaring their hatred of women & reveling in their physical suffering. Scary stuff.

Go have a look :P

Go have a look :P

I'll pass, you scut haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Anonymity brings out the c*nt in a lot of people.

Plenty of people prepared to be pr!cks using their real names too, on FB & Twitter.

Plenty of people prepared to be pr!cks using their real names too, on FB & Twitter.

*cough* Katie Hopkins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

*cough* Katie Hopkins
    Wish people would ignore her though - the only reason she's "a thing" is because of the voluntary reactions she deliberately provokes.

Wish people would ignore her though - the only reason she's "a thing" is because of the voluntary reactions she deliberately provokes.

I had my fun giving out about her. I'm out of energy at this stage and you just can't win with her; she's unstoppable, as well as disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I saw one YouTube comment where a user called another user a "stupid feckin eejit".

Shocking to say the least and really questioned why I ever even go on d'internet anymore.

I actually think Hopkins provides a useful public service. If you're not able to work out that she's making a living from basically trolling large sections of the English speaking world then you're obviously stupid to a possibly dangerous degree. If people taking offense at Hopkins instead of ignoring her weren't spending their time being "outraged" who knows what kind of mayhem they'd be causing in real life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

not a comment or a status as such but the letter that person sent to Una Mullaly that was posted on the web around the time of the referendum I thought was particularly nasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

not a comment or a status as such but the letter that person sent to Una Mullaly that was posted on the web around the time of the referendum I thought was particularly nasty
    Yeah that was poisonous - even though people can't stand her, nobody could honestly say she deserved it. However, I think she should have just torn it up and said nothing. Sharing it on social media gave the writer exactly what they were looking for. Lack of acknowledgement would have been the perfect "Fuq you" to the nutter. An anonymous letter - ultimate cowardliness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I remember in the days of yore police photos of a cheerleader who'd gone joyriding in her dad's car and driven straight into a tollbooth leaked, she ended up...I don't know what the term is but basically decapitated from the upper jaw upwards, if that makes sense.

Anyways her parents had a real estate business, apparently the lovely citizens of 4chan and some other places would email the business pretending to be putting a house on the market and the photos attached would be the police ones. That always stuck with me as something particularly f*cked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

A lot of the content on /r/fatpeoplehate. It's just a constant stream if abuse.

And it is GLORIOUS

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

Yeah that was poisonous - even though people can't stand her, nobody could honestly say she deserved it. However, I think she should have just torn it up and said nothing. Sharing it on social media gave the writer exactly what they were looking for. Lack of acknowledgement would have been the perfect "Fuq you" to the nutter. An anonymous letter - ultimate cowardliness.

Ya true I guess they got what they wanted from it but it just baffles me that anyone could sit down and write something like that no matter what they think of the person

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I'd happily forgotten about BestGore before this thread reminded me- house mate in college showed me some disturbing images on that website. I refused to watch the videos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Hoop66

I used to post on a, now defunct, bulletin board called Belmsford. It was basically just people being as horrible as possible to each other.

Example: a guy who had revealed he was abused as a child was called "paedo-bait". One of the tamer examples tbh.

Advertisement