Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handbuilt Wheelsets Ireland

Options
  • 05-06-2015 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good / reputable / experienced / trusted wheel builder in Ireland. Preferably greater Dublin area but will travel if needs be.
    Need a new set of race wheels after smashing my 404's, along with my bike RIP Sansa, into smithereens at a chariot race above in Meath last month.
    Any suggestions, advise, contact information much appreciated.

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Look for Ashford Cycles on Adverts. Was recommended to me by another Boards ie (though I haven't got to use him yet) and Hunterbiker on here has used him more then once. He can travel a little bit to meet you.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

Bee cycles
    Cliff mulhern in 2 wheels
    Jimmy humphries in finglas

Nevr used bee cycles myself but he gets very good reviews,cliff and jimmy build a crackin set of wheels!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Craig06

I bought my race wheels from wheelsmith.co.uk and they are awesome. Great service to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 B82Eng

Cheers lads. Have heard Cliff Mulhern is the DON alright. What sort of money are you talking for a set of 11 Speed tubs similar to Zipp 404's. Will only be used for racing.

Craig06, Re. wheelsmith.co.uk how did you find them compared to lads at home? Are they much cheaper? Is the quality as good as "Irish Built" wheels? Plus what about repair ??? That is the main reason im considering hand-built over brand. I had Zipp 404's and they are a fortune to repair, spokes, bearings etc. How well are you received when your bringing UK wheels in for repair in an Irish shop etc etc Or do you send them back to UK for repair?

Id like to give the business to a local fella if I can at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,604 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Expertcycles, i've had many sets of MTB wheels, and road built, which have suffered serious abuse and are still going strong without even so much as a snapped spoke...

• Advertisement
Advertisement