Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom 3 quadcopter, buying options?

Options
  • 04-06-2015 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Looking at possibly getting a phantom 3, i've been i to photography/video for about 30 years and like the possibilities such a platform would give.
    i've been looking around where to get one and im not sure in the best place to buy one from is
    I've never had to send an online purchase back in my life but id rather be on the safe side if something did happen

getting direct from dji seems good but would be hassle if something went wrong and it had to be sent back

Looked at one or two irish sites and ' google earthed' the address and ended up in housing estates which didn't inspire confidence and had a look at the t&c's and found things like "All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by state or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from this Agreement."- not sure whether such statements are even legal or am i misreading it !
    is this normal? , where do ye guys get your equipment from? any recommendations ? :):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭john_aero

Moreilly wrote: »
    Looking at possibly getting a phantom 3, i've been i to photography/video for about 30 years and like the possibilities such a platform would give.
    i've been looking around where to get one and im not sure in the best place to buy one from is
    I've never had to send an online purchase back in my life but id rather be on the safe side if something did happen

getting direct from dji seems good but would be hassle if something went wrong and it had to be sent back

Looked at one or two irish sites and ' google earthed' the address and ended up in housing estates which didn't inspire confidence and had a look at the t&c's and found things like "All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by state or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from this Agreement."- not sure whether such statements are even legal or am i misreading it !
    is this normal? , where do ye guys get your equipment from? any recommendations ? :):)

Modelheliservices in clare is one of the best around

Next be radiocontrol shop in dublin. He is online order only

Send me on links in pm to shops you were worried about

Not going find any rc shop in a high street. Nature of the hobby and fact its not major business means lot shops are setup from home

If buting dji the 2 shops above are dji dealers, both in existance for years and huge supporters of the hobby

I try to deal with liam in model heli setvices, he has helped me out lot over the years

Dave in radiocontrol shop rund great online service and has some greay sale prices

Cant go wrong with either

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Watch Ryder

Make sure they are the official importer / distributer for DJI. If it's a gray importer then you could be stuck if something goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Thank's for the reply's !, I took a look at the dji website and it gives Model heli services as a shop location and copter shop ireland as a dealer both look good but out of stock at the moment though, i assume id be ok (although not listed as a dealer) getting it from a big company with good customer support like amazon uk/it/de or wex photographic as european law & distance selling regulations would apply as opposed to dji direct ?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭john_aero

Thank's for the reply's !, I took a look at the dji website and it gives Model heli services as a shop location and copter shop ireland as a dealer both look good but out of stock at the moment though, i assume id be ok (although not listed as a dealer) getting it from a big company with good customer support like amazon uk/it/de or wex photographic as european law & distance selling regulations would apply as opposed to dji direct ?

Ring them, most shops sell out fast so if ring tell them what want they will sort you out

For such dear item id but local for warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭mrbig

I think your instincts about the guy you refer in the housing estate to were correct, I bought from him and almost as soon as I had paid for the goods I realised he is a total prick. I asked him for some simple help and he couldnt have been less helpful. Fortunitly I havnt had any need to go back but I wouldnt want to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Anywhere in Ireland that has finance options for buying one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

No irish credit union or bank will facilitate you.
    Moneylenders who charge extortionate intrest rates will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭mulbot

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    No irish credit union or bank will facilitate you.
    Moneylenders who charge extortionate intrest rates will.

For what? A loan,why wouldn't a credit union loan you money?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Ha I meant a store that would sell on Hire Purchase, fair few in the UK do only one here is little woods which is crazy expensive and APR is also crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

You could check Belfast city, in Northern ireland out to see if there is any such store that offers HP like this. :) Belfast might just be big enough for this type of store.

• Advertisement
Advertisement