Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protecting Camera in the desert.

Options
  • 04-06-2015 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine on FB asked me this, I said I'd pass it on to here.

Question, any idea how best to protect camera in a desert? Now obviously I know to keep it in the case unless I'm using it but last time I ended up with awful problems & it was kaput within a week.

Thanks for all replies.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I would think the best way is much the same as you would for taking a camera into the rain. There are various bags in which you can seal the camera and lens to keep it sealed. Like most things the better ones usually cost more.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭inkedpt

A large memory card to prevent changing it is a good idea. Sealed bag/box when he's not using the camera wrapped in one of those reflective blankets to try to minimize the heat. Filter for the lens, ziplock bags for spare lens, cards etc.

Or just one of this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo61t5fH6Qw

Advertisement