Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Materials Science and Engineering Masters

Options
  • 04-06-2015 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

I've recently finished my degree in Chemical Physics and I'm looking into both the ME and M.Eng.Sc in UCD for materials science and engineering. I'd love to talk to someone who is familiar with one or both.

In particular I'd like to find out is there a major difference in career paths after. I know the modules differ slightly, and that the ME is longer but also including work placement, as well as what sounds like a longer research project. They both appear to be suitable for both engineering and science graduates.

I have work experience working in an academic environment, hence I find the chance to get industrial experience pretty tempting. Any advice would be really appreciated, even if it's sharing experience on academic vs industry!

Cheers!

Advertisement