Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire 310 blue Hardware Failure - and NO SUPPORT AT ALL

Options
  • 04-06-2015 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,
    I've been a HTC customer for over 4 years now and so far I was happy with my choice - well not any longer because THAT happened:
    My Christmas present for my boyfriend was a smartphone HTC Desire 310 blue, which I bought at the Three shop in Navan on the 20th December 2014 together with a All-You-Can_eat SIM card for 50€/month. Only 3 months later the touchscreen wouldn't respond accurately any longer. We went to the Three shop, they confirmed this to be a hardware failure and that the phone needs to be send in for getting fixed or replaced. And they told us, that for the meantime they don't have replacement smartphones, only old Nokia phones without touchscreens or internet. I've called the Three customer service and got the same information.
    We need all the features of a smartphone as my boyfriend stays in touch with customers via Facebook and other social media platforms - an ordinary "phone" is just not good enough.
    After a number of phone calls an talks to the shop to explain the situation and ask for a better solution my boyfriend had enough of this and bought himself a new smartphone.
    As a result we are left with the not working HTC which is still under warranty and I want to give it back and get my money refunded.

Clearly if I can't find a satisfying resolution of this issue, not only my boyfriend will stay with the Apple as he has an IPhone now but my current HTC One will be my last HTC phone as well.

Thanks
    Caroline

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

CW1IE wrote: »
    Hi,
    I've been a HTC customer for over 4 years now and so far I was happy with my choice - well not any longer because THAT happened:
    My Christmas present for my boyfriend was a smartphone HTC Desire 310 blue, which I bought at the Three shop in Navan on the 20th December 2014 together with a All-You-Can_eat SIM card for 50€/month. Only 3 months later the touchscreen wouldn't respond accurately any longer. We went to the Three shop, they confirmed this to be a hardware failure and that the phone needs to be send in for getting fixed or replaced. And they told us, that for the meantime they don't have replacement smartphones, only old Nokia phones without touchscreens or internet. I've called the Three customer service and got the same information.
    We need all the features of a smartphone as my boyfriend stays in touch with customers via Facebook and other social media platforms - an ordinary "phone" is just not good enough.
    After a number of phone calls an talks to the shop to explain the situation and ask for a better solution my boyfriend had enough of this and bought himself a new smartphone.
    As a result we are left with the not working HTC which is still under warranty and I want to give it back and get my money refunded.

Clearly if I can't find a satisfying resolution of this issue, not only my boyfriend will stay with the Apple as he has an IPhone now but my current HTC One will be my last HTC phone as well.

Thanks
    Caroline

You've already posted this in threes forum. Let them respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CW1IE

I did indeed post this in the Three Forum - and the reply I got from them is not satisfactory. Maybe HTC has a better idea of Customer Service than Three.

I did indeed post this in the Three Forum - and the reply I got from them is not satisfactory. Maybe HTC has a better idea of Customer Service than Three.

They gave you the facts. They also offered help. If your using another phone now what do you want three to do exactly?

Firstly I find your hostility inappropriate!
    To answer your question:
    I have paid good money for a bad phone - I still have warranty on this phone and I want the companies who I paid my good money to to take responsibility and refund my money.
    In my world this is not to much to ask for.
    If you decide to continue in this hostile tone I won't bother to respond again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

To answer your question:
    I have paid good money for a bad phone - I still have warranty on this phone and I want the companies who I paid my good money to to take responsibility and refund my money.

You seem confused - this is not the HTC support forum.

• Advertisement

To answer your question:

Im sorry you find my tone hostile. But you have been offered help. Under your consumer rights you have been offered a repair which you accepted. The retailer chooses which of the 3r's, repair, replace, refund. They have not denied you your rights. I can almost say for sure you won't get a refund. They only thing they couldn't do was provide a loan phone at the time.

Im sorry you find my tone hostile. But you have been offered help. Under your consumer rights you have been offered a repair which you accepted. The retailer chooses which of the 3r's, repair, replace, refund. They have not denied you your rights. I can almost say for sure you won't get a refund. They only thing they couldn't do was provide a loan phone at the time.

According to the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act, 1980, goods must be of merchantable quality and fit for their purpose.
    This phone clearly didn't fit that bill........
    The retailer is responsible to provide for a phone that does OR refund my money.

According to the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act, 1980, goods must be of merchantable quality and fit for their purpose.
    This phone clearly didn't fit that bill........
    The retailer is responsible to provide for a phone that does OR refund my money.

Or repair or replace. They choose, not you. If you are going to quote your consumer rights at least get them right

Or repair or replace. They choose, not you. If you are going to quote your consumer rights at least get them right

Yes OR replace OR repair - but either way provide me with a working adequate phone!!! And that is NOT what they offered! They wanted me to go without adequate working phone for as long as it takes THEM to decide, whether they will repair OR replace OR refund - which would have been for 2-3 weeks.
    This is NOT what is written in my consumer rights.

And this is the last reply you're getting from me - as mentioned before your tone is inappropriate and not worthy of any further response from my side.

Yes OR replace OR repair - but either way provide me with a working adequate phone!!! And that is NOT what they offered! They wanted me to go without adequate working phone for as long as it takes THEM to decide, whether they will repair OR replace OR refund - which would have been for 2-3 weeks.
    This is NOT what is written in my consumer rights.

And this is the last reply you're getting from me - as mentioned before your tone is inappropriate and not worthy of any further response from my side.

Best of luck getting a refund :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

You're misinterpreting that legislation. When a company offers to repair or replace the phone they're under no obligation to provide you with a temporary phone that's to the exact specifications or requirements you need, in fact they don't have to offer you a temporary phone at all.

They've offered to repair or replace the phone, I understand you're obviously not pleased that there was a fault with the phone in the first place, but these things happen. Kicking up a fuss is useless, theres protocols that the company has to go through in order to resolve the issue, they can't miraculously repair the phone immediately, it has to be sent off and then diagnosed and repaired.

Advertisement