Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aptamil comfort food availability

Options
  • 04-06-2015 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else Is finding it very hard to get aptamil comfort food? Between last night and today, I've tried 6 supermarkets and as many chemists in county wicklow and only managed to get a single tub! Our local chemist rang their wholesaler for me, and they can't get it either.

Our baby is about ready to move to follow on milk so I'm not too stressed, but I just thought it might be useful for parents of younger babies to be aware of this, and not wait until you absolutely need to get some to head to the shops.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 katcali

Hi, I have a little girl who's 10 months and on Aptamil Comfort. I searched yesterday for formula and it was out of stock everywhere! Then I went to a chemist and the pharmacist told me there's a supply issue with an ingredient in the comfort formula so they weren't expecting to have it back in stock until the end of July. She also said Cow and Gate is made by the same manufacturers so it will soon go out of stock soon! I was advised to go onto the SMA Comfort. Hopefully this will be ok (today is the first day!). If not I'll probably wean a bit early using the SMA and cows milk.
    I'm glad I don't have a very young baby who's happy on aptamil as this is a right pain in the butt!
    This happened us before when my older daughter was a baby but luckily we found some and stocked up until it was sorted!
    It'll be like gold dust for the next few weeks :-)

Just wondering if anyone else Is finding it very hard to get aptamil comfort food? Between last night and today, I've tried 6 supermarkets and as many chemists in county wicklow and only managed to get a single tub! Our local chemist rang their wholesaler for me, and they can't get it either.

Our baby is about ready to move to follow on milk so I'm not too stressed, but I just thought it might be useful for parents of younger babies to be aware of this, and not wait until you absolutely need to get some to head to the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I thought the problem was a fire in a factory? It's a nightmare for anyone on it in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Is it cow and gate comfort with a similar problem or cow and gate standard? We stayed on cow and gate standard with gaviscon rather than switching. Might have been a good idea from the sounds of it!

Hi,
    No it's just the Comfort version of formula which seems to be affected as far as I know.

Is it cow and gate comfort with a similar problem or cow and gate standard? We stayed on cow and gate standard with gaviscon rather than switching. Might have been a good idea from the sounds of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

katcali wrote: »
    Hi,
    No it's just the Comfort version of formula which seems to be affected as far as I know.

Super. Just as well we stuck with normal then! Changes do NOT suit him!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭SF12

I definitely saw something on their facebook page (it popped up on as an ad on the side of mine) about the supply of Aptamil Comfort being short at the moment. THey said it was due to a fire in one of their factories? I can't link to it, because it was on FB, but if you search the net I'm sure you'll come across it.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

If there is someone really stuck I have a box unopened. Bought it but used colief instead. Pm me if anyone wants it. ( in Dublin)

Just saw this on the aptamil website/aptaclub which might be helpful to some people (link won't work-so go to aptaclub .ie and scroll down to see article from the homepage in a blue box) The advise, if you've had difficulties with a baby with colic, is like a kick in the teeth imo but it might help someone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

They have a helpline that you can call and they can advise you of nearby stockists 1800221234 or they have online chat.
    Some people are saying the ingredients of cow and gate are the same but I'd be so sketchy to switch!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fionamartha

If anybody is still looking for aptamil comfort i got loads yesterday dublin 12, area. Chemist in crumlin shopping centre has it crumlin rd. Tesco crumlin shopping centre crumlin road although its 17.00 euro rather than 15. Super valu sundrive road. The
    Lady, In supervalu said they get ten cartons in a day only so go early in the morning for it. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Aptamil comfort is in stock in Dunnes Stores in cornelscourt- there were at least 20 boxes left at 10pm this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pricklefingers

Just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that has Aptamil comfort in stock in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fionamartha

Hiya you can get aptimal comfort in dunnes stores corrnellcourt stillorgan. Chemist in crumlin shopping centre d12. Crumlin rd. Tesco dunnes shopping centre. Super valu sundrive rd gets 20 in each morning. My little lad is on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pricklefingers

Hiya you can get aptimal comfort in dunnes stores corrnellcourt stillorgan. Chemist in crumlin shopping centre d12. Crumlin rd. Tesco dunnes shopping centre. Super valu sundrive rd gets 20 in each morning. My little lad is on it.

After driving around for 4 hours yesterday I managed to get some in Tesco Blanch!
    I'll pop over to crumlin and stock up in future.

Advertisement