Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-interview questions..

Options
  • 03-06-2015 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

As the title suggests I'm facing into a re-interview situation. I'm definitely a nervous interviewee and a I won't have the opportunity to get an official practice interview in beforehand I'm looking for some help to really help me prepare well
    I have taught in the school for the past year so apart from usual questions regarding ethos, extra curricular, contribution etc are there any other questions I should practice.

I really want to do my best so all advice and help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Teach30 wrote: »
    Hi all,

As the title suggests I'm facing into a re-interview situation. I'm definitely a nervous interviewee and a I won't have the opportunity to get an official practice interview in beforehand I'm looking for some help to really help me prepare well
    I have taught in the school for the past year so apart from usual questions regarding ethos, extra curricular, contribution etc are there any other questions I should practice.

I really want to do my best so all advice and help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

All the buzzwords ...literacy/numeracy/AFL/Cross-curricular/Subject development/CPD/IT/Peer learning/Questioning Technique/Mixed Ability/Provision for Special Needs/Trends in Education/Discipline/Ideas for School policies (Mobile phone/Uniform/Anti-Bullying/SEN policies)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Teach30 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thanks.

Have concrete examples to back up all your answers. Keep referring to work you did in school this year. You have an advantage in that you know the running of the school exploit that information. Remind them why they hired you in the first place. If you said you would do something in your interview last year (eg set up a club, get involved in extra curricular etc) and you did it, make sure you highlight that. Shows you mean business.

Be confident.

Good luck

Advertisement