Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

root planing

Options
  • 03-06-2015 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Had a root planing treatment today which aims to remove debris/bacteria etc very deep down to reduce pockets. It was quite an aggressive treatment, and maybe I should have sought some sedation.

Just wondered whether anyone has had this done, advantages/disadvantages, e. and whether they were happy with the results. Very pricey, too, however, as I am approaching the half century, I hope it will help me keep my pearlies for another while!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Moonmad

I had this treatment done on all quadrants of my mouth 3 years ago. It saved my teeth! I hadn't been to the dentist in quite awhile and have aggressive periodontitis. I count myself very lucky but still have regular maintenance.

I still have a little fear but I usually listen to iPod when I have appointments for maintenance/dental work.
    Hi All,
    Had a root planing treatment today which aims to remove debris/bacteria etc very deep down to reduce pockets. It was quite an aggressive treatment, and maybe I should have sought some sedation.

Just wondered whether anyone has had this done, advantages/disadvantages, e. and whether they were happy with the results. Very pricey, too, however, as I am approaching the half century, I hope it will help me keep my pearlies for another while!

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭picturehangup

Moonmad, delighted to hear that your sessions appeared to have been so successful. Truly worth it.

A week later, I am thrilled to say that my gums have healed really well, and I can honestly say they never looked so healthy. They are a glowing, pink and healthy colour.

One reason I came on here, was to let others know that this treatment is available, and that many dentists don't seem to promote it for some strange reason. I am angry that my own dentist didn't tell me about it, even though my teeth were in an awful way. I have a different mouth now!

There is now no reason why anyone needs to lose teeth to periodontal disease. Things have really progressed.

Have been extremely pleased with my periodontist.

Advertisement