Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight prices

Options
  • 03-06-2015 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

So I need to book a one way ticket from Germany to Ireland at the end of July. I know prices tend to be pretty extortionate at this time but I want to get it as cheaply as possible all the same. At the moment I'm looking at paying around the E150 mark for either Aerlingus or Ryanair. Should I take the risk and wait a bit in the hope that it gets a bit cheaper? I made the mistake of booking too early at Christmas so now I never know when is the best time to book.

What do ye think? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,354 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Crumpets wrote: »
    I made the mistake of booking too early at Christmas so now I never know when is the best time to book.

Neither does anyone else, even probably people who work for the airlines since when they hold a sale, it's to offload excess seats at lower prices, something which they prefer not to do.

If they got their planning right, they'd exactly match capacity to demand and never have a sale - offloading seats at lower prices means either that demand was less than expected or they laid on too much capacity. If demand exceeds capacity then prices will remain high and people waiting for a sale or for prices to drop as the date approaches will be disappointed.

It might help if you specified the airports you want to fly between - 'Germany to Ireland' is a bit (make that far too) vague.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

coylemj wrote: »

It might help if you specified the airports you want to fly between - 'Germany to Ireland' is a bit (make that far too) vague.

Well I'm living in central Germany so I've plenty of options. I'm basically just wondering about other people's experiences of booking flights for July/August.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Crumpets wrote: »
    Well I'm living in central Germany so I've plenty of options. I'm basically just wondering about other people's experiences of booking flights for July/August.

Stick your dates and Airports in here, it'll give you an indication whether to buy or not, also you can setup a price alert.

http://www.kayak.ie/flights

Advertisement