Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA After Masters

Options
  • 03-06-2015 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hello,

I am a non-EU student, and i am planning to start Masters in International Accounting in DIT. I hope to secure 9 exemptions from ACCA if i complete Masters program successfully. Then i just need to sit for 5 professional level exams to qualify ACCA.

How is the job market for accounting graduates in Ireland? Will ACCA add additional value to non-EU students to get a job in Ireland?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭gigglemuch82

Job market is getting better I think. ACCA is definitely a good qualification to have for EU and non-EU citizens.

But, bear in mind, that very few companies pay for your work permit to work for them. I haven't seen a single non-EU citizen without stamp 4 working in an Irish company in a finance function where the company paid for their work visa unless it was an IT or language related job.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Morshed13

So your saying that companies do not want to pay for work permit. What if I want to pay all my fees for work permit? How's that Sound? will that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Morshed13

Is there any chance to join any accountancy firm as a trainee and study ACCA or, ACA for non-EU students? I think it will be better for me to get a trainee position and to apply for stamp 1A visa. What do you say bro?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭gigglemuch82

I don't work in HR so I can't tell you for sure but I heard that in order to apply for a work permit, the company has to justify why they need you in their company, as in they couldn't hire somebody within the country for the position advertised.

You might be able to get a part time trainee position with a student visa but it is very unlikely that a company will hire a trainee only for a part time. But you never know!

Advertisement